GMT400 Tahoe Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice! The paint looks to be in excellent condition. I've never been to the UK, but I certainly would not expect to find a Z71 tahoe there. Surely those are uncommon there too?
Very-I don't think there is another one in the UK, maybe even in Europe( tho that I can't be sure of)-paint is original. 108000 miles truck now-had it around 4 years.

John Moore

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Btw-you wouldn't happen to know how many z71s were built?
I've never been able to find a reputable figure. I emailed GM years ago asking and they were not able to give me any numbers. Somewhere in some ancient paperwork has production numbers, hopefully they will be uncovered/revealed soon.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That Blazer next to your Tahoe is RHD? Did GM sell Blazers to the UK back in the day? Or does UK law require imports to be converted to RHD?
No conversion required. Blazers were sold in Australia I think and they require RHD-it's prolly import from over there. And fun fact-Holden Suburban used Blazer's dash because of this requirement.

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No conversion required. Blazers were sold in Australia I think and they require RHD-it's prolly import from over there. And fun fact-Holden Suburban used Blazer's dash because of this requirement.
Wow! Never knew Blazers were sold in Australia! IIRC yes Australian law requires imports to be RHD. I did know that Holden Suburbans use an extended Blazer dash. I thought it was so weird until I found out about Australian law and the it made sense.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow! Never knew Blazers were sold in Australia! IIRC yes Australian law requires imports to be RHD. I did know that Holden Suburbans use an extended Blazer dash. I thought it was so weird until I found out about Australian law and the it made sense.
I might have been wrong on this one-they were in Japan tho-hence RHD.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those Blazers are really common in NZ as well, in RHD, according to Wikipedia the RHDs were assembled in Indonesia for export.

Last edited:

imkwuzn

Reaction score
I have a ‘97 2door Tahoe LT with the Z71 package. Very similar options minus the fog lights, steps and color matching grill which were not part of the package in ‘97. I am the original owner and I have 110k original miles. All stock with a full repaint a few years ago when I managed a body shop. Never been hit, zero rust, SoCal car.
You must be registered for see images attach