blue_92_sierra's bagged ecsb build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Hell yes mmw arms look to be top notch maybe being out of michigan it won't be to horrid shipping wise. I've seen Eric nfamous kit and its beefy as,hell! I also say go edc ftw. Can't wait to see ya get started I've gotta,wait till next year: (

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I fill 15 gallons from empty in under 5 ahhaha

Word, I can fill my 10 gallon's with my EDC in not time at all, plus I don't have to endure the buzz of the Viar's all day, although I have installed several of them for customer's and they do work, but geeze they are slow!

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm ready to see the progress also. I'm hoping to have my edc installed next week or so. Cause just one 480 is drawing 23 amps and with a 200 amp alternator at idol it drops to 10 v!!

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
dito! check all your grounds and where is your pump grounded to as well? if its just on the bed run a longer wire to the frame and clean a spot for it to make good connection.
or maybe you just have a crappy alternator i know alot of HP alts if cheaper they need a overdrive pulley to make them spin faster. ive had several cheap highpower alts and all have needed a overdrive pulley for them. and it does help huge! smallest one ive found is a billet piece i got off ebay from a guy that mainly sold steel ones. the steel ones arent as small i actually got 2 of them from him because he kept shipping me the wrong one.lol
only issue ive had with the billet one, which im not sure if really a problem with it or just my belt. after about a year it started to slip and squeal, not sure if it was cause the pulley is billet and its just to smooth OR if the belt was just getting old and needing replaced. all i know for sure is it got on my nerves like crazy so i just slapped the other steel overdrive pulley on it with a stock 145a belt. and for the super small overdrive pulley it used the 105a belt.
ive been meaning to get some sand paper and sand all the groves on my billet pulley and slap it back on with anew belt but it always seems to slip my mind. heres my two overdrive pulleys, and the steel one isnt much smaller than stock but it does help alittle over stock pulley.
You must be registered for see images attach

here is a picture of the regular overdrive pulley and its just barely smaller than the one i had on my 200amp alt but then again im not sure if my local alt place used a smaller than stock pulley or not on theres. so maybe my alt already has a smaller pulley. not sure!

gotta love billet tho. it just looks better ;)

overdrive pulley can really help your charge output if you have a weak idle output. i call it my little cheater ;)
its been quite a while since i bought this thing tho so id have to dig thru emails to find who i bought it from and if they even still sell them on ebay.

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dIdnt mean to thread jack at all. But I actually never thought of the pulley. Geuss ill give that a try. I already did the big 3 and even used 3/0 cable.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
o we never mean to hijack. ;) it just happens. but anybody with extra electronics can benefit from a overdrive pulley! PM me if ya got a vortec i got one or two extra steel overdrive pulleys just layin my toolbox ill let go for 10bucks.

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
No worries guys thats good info incase I run into something like this down the road. I think I will be running dual viair 480's just cuz I got a smokin deal on them. I can put up with the buzzing for now then one day when I have the extra cake I can do the edc.

Order goes in on Monday once I put my deposit down