blue_92_sierra's bagged ecsb build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaveRankus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have a York 210 on my truck. Does a great job. It'll fill 2 tanks up very quick, lol.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Well put a deposit down on some parts I ordered from Superbee Truck Accessories in Wetaskiwin here in Alberta. The guy I dealt with was nice and helpful. Ordered a blue 9-way AVS switchbox and also gonna run 2 dual needle gauges to monitor front/rear bag pressure and also one single needle gauge to monitor tank pressure. Ordered all my valves and line and also my front and rear KP setup. Shipping on the MMW arms just wasn't worth it unfortunately but I still want some cuz they look sick lol. The KP's are good to lay out on 22's which is the biggest wheel I'd run, anything bigger just looks hideous aired up IMO. But I'll be keeping the 20's for a bit yet. Now just need to get all my fittings and air management then it's go time

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
o youll have fun with all the fittings and such! worst part about them is the price seems small but add them all up and its not pretty anymore.LOL
and you gotta think of EVERYTHING! that or youll be waiting for a single fitting to complete the setup. :(

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Lol yeah I know exactly how that goes! I definitely wanna take my time and think about everything I will need for fittings just so I have everything and don't have to wait for something.

Also I have a question, the shop where I'm getting my parts introduced me to this.. I am new to the digital side of air ride but it seems pretty cool how everything is all tied together and controlled digitally. Here's the link to what the shop showed me they can get.. http://shop.airliftcompany.com/prod...ontroler_Upgrade_for_existing_air_suspensions

My question is I will still have to run 8 separate valves correct? With this system it basically eliminates the need for gauges and a switch box and ties everything together through a digital controller, or am I missing something?? I'm still wanting to run just dual needle gauges to monitor my bag pressure but I like the idea of not having to do more wiring for a switch box and more plumbing for the dual needle gauges.

Any input would be great, I'm a total noob at this lol

Last edited:

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
that system has a display for all 4 bags and i think most also show tank pressure as well. check youtube for some videos. the ones ive seen are sweet looking BUT for the price its outta my reach!
tho if you want to hit switches for more fun I THINK ya should get a regular switchbox as they are more responsive.
it wont be a plug and play unless you also use the autopilots system i dont think. i believe it has its own valve body setup which is what is plug and play part. tho i dont see why you couldnt do some wiring and hook them up to normal air valves.
i would probably have both a normal switch box and this automatic unit and just put the two on a 3way switch. one way does auto, and flip in middle and its OFF for a bit of security, and flip down to use a manual switchbox.

of course ive also seen some cool looking wireless controlers which look pretty sweet. just gotta check out whats out there and see what people carry around your area or online.

You must be registered for see images attach

i like that auto unit BUT id prefer to have it as a stationary system. and ya cannt play with it to much as stationary unit. but to each there own its a decision youll have to make for yourself.
of course they also have seperate digital gauges for all air lines.
http://store.gaugemagazine.com/dakotadigitalairpressuregauges.aspx
those there make it real easy and they so small you can fit them in much smaller areas over the manual dual needle gauges!
id love to have one of those BUT im going with the 3manual gauges due to price.

ALSO you dont need seperate valves. the air lift setup like you showed above is ment for there valve manifold setups.
http://shop.airliftcompany.com/product/533276/27642/_/AutoPilot_Digital_Air_Management_System
they sure as hell make the installation look a hell of alot easier! since there is no 8valve seperate. some kits have all 8built into one large manifold. and others are groups of 4 so one manifold for front and one for rear. only downfall i have seen with manifold systems is there air line sizes are usually smaller typically 1/4 or 3/8 size.

Last edited:

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
ALSO you dont need seperate valves. the air lift setup like you showed above is ment for there valve manifold setups.
http://shop.airliftcompany.com/product/533276/27642/_/AutoPilot_Digital_Air_Management_System
they sure as hell make the installation look a hell of alot easier! since there is no 8valve seperate. some kits have all 8built into one large manifold. and others are groups of 4 so one manifold for front and one for rear. only downfall i have seen with manifold systems is there air line sizes are usually smaller typically 1/4 or 3/8 size.

So basically I'd have to run the whole autopilot air management system to get the auto ride height and stuff? The way it sounds to me is that it's just a more high tech way of monitoring and controlling bag pressure with other valves, but if I don't run there full air management system I won't have all the options the kit says it has like the auto ride height and leak detection etc..?

Edit: I think I'm making this more confusing then it needs to be lol is it the weekend yet?! Anyways, a guy I talked to who has a digital set up like the one I posted and says it can be hooked up with other valves without running the whole autopilot system. The censors just monitor and display the psi in each bag, and the auto ride height is just a certain psi that the controller stores so if I air up/down i can go back to my stored right height at the push of a button

Last edited:

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have installed one of those Air lift unit's in a bagged Mustang, it is not worth it in my opinion, I agree with Marcos Accuair and add some Dakota Digital air gauges!

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
That's the thing, if I get the accuair e-level system I'm gonna be poor broke and homeless lol. I'll have to see what I get for a price on it, both digital set ups were a hell of alot more than I was looking to spend on gauges to begin with, but I like the idea of not having to do the extra plumbing for analog gauges and it would look cool mounted in the dash somewhere. No idea what I'm gonna do... :hmm: