blue_92_sierra's bagged ecsb build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Well time to let the cat outta the bag I guess. As the title says my 92 ecsb is gonna be going under the knife soon and getting a full air ride system to lay out on 22's. I'll be rockin the 20's till next spring though but I'm hoping to have this thing laying frame by september (possibly earlier if all goes well!) this is my first time bagging a vehicle but I'm pretty confident I can get it done right and I will also have my dad to help me which will be awesome because he's a great mechanic. I have a good idea of what needs to be done and I am pretty sure I know everything I'll need parts wise (please let me know if I'm missing something). Any advise or tips from you bag guys would be appreciated also so feel free to chime in.

So far these are the parts I plan on using unless I change my mind:
Out back I plan to use the KP components 4-link with the cantilever set up (6-link)
-Slam Specialties RE7 bags
-KP watts link
-8 piece weld in step notch

Up front I plan to use KP parts as well,
-upper and lower control arms
-upper and lower bag cups
-KP shock mounts
-RE7 bags

For Air management I'd like to run a 10-12 gallon tank with a Viair 480 compressor (possibly 2)
- 3/8" airline
- 8 3/8" Parker valves
And all my other fittings I need to get. I'll be replacing my inner fenders with tubs up front and tubbing my rear wheel wells as well, but keeping my bed floor open cuz I think it looks cool to open the tonneau cover and see your notches and axle.

Couple chopped pics to get the idea..
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm sure my mind will change on certain things as the build goes on but that's ok, I have a good idea of what I want to do and know everything I'm going to need to do in order to lay frame. I don't want to rush anything and I'm hoping I won't have to wait too long for parts but **** happens.. I'll try update as much as possible. Anyways, enjoy!

Uneek98

Reaction score
Sound like you got the most important thing down......(the plan)

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice build plan's, you should also really consider using the MMW flat arm's in the front too!

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Well i think i will definately run dual Viair 480's. On there website it says the 2 will fill a 10 gallon tank from 0-200 psi in 10 mins and from 160 psi to 200 in 2 mins so to me thats good because i dont think ill change height much when i drive, im sure i will lots though off the beginning cuz this is my first bagged vehicle lol but after a bit i cant see myself changing ride height too much while driving.

Im waiting for pricing on the kp upper and lowers and if its something crazy im going with the MMW's for sure cuz i think there badass!

Marcos

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I were to do it all again, I wouldn't use the kp 6 link for the price they sell it for. I would go with an nfamus 3 link http://www.nfamusairsuspension.com/nfproducts_kits.html

You must be registered for see images

Its more welding but it keeps everything forward, it will also free up that space where the cantilever mounts up to so you can run your compressors there.

Uneek98

Reaction score
Im ordering the MMW notchless tie rods soon so Ill let you know what I think of them. There expensive but I find it worth it to not cut my frame more to notch for tie rods.

GonzalezKustomzFab

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would run 2 480 compressors and a solid notch I also have custom tube control arms and custom make notches to your size