blue_92_sierra's bagged ecsb build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
Im ordering the MMW notchless tie rods soon so Ill let you know what I think of them. There expensive but I find it worth it to not cut my frame more to notch for tie rods.

Honestly I think this is the worst idea ever. I'm a mechanic, and I would not touch a truck for an alignment with the mmw notch less tie rods. Also I like the nfamus three link but I don't Like the fact it doesn't look like anythings adjustable, to set pinion angle..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uneek98

Reaction score
Honestly I think this is the worst idea ever. I'm a mechanic, and I would not touch a truck for an alignment with the mmw notch less tie rods. Also I like the nfamus three link but I don't Like the fact it doesn't look like anythings adjustable, to set pinion angle..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL I probably wouldnt either cause it looks like i will need to unbolt and do a turn at a time but Id rather do that then cut more out of the frame.

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
If I were to do it all again, I wouldn't use the kp 6 link for the price they sell it for. I would go with an nfamus 3 link http://www.nfamusairsuspension.com/nfproducts_kits.html

You must be registered for see images

Its more welding but it keeps everything forward, it will also free up that space where the cantilever mounts up to so you can run your compressors there.

That would be cool to mount the compressors where the cantilevers go. I just love how the 6 link rides and it seems to be pretty solid and keep the axle from swaying, but the watts also will help with that. My biggest concern would be shipping to Canada. I have a shop where I can get all my parts from and KP is a supplier to them.

LOL I probably wouldnt either cause it looks like i will need to unbolt and do a turn at a time but Id rather do that then cut more out of the frame.

I was wondering how the no notch tie rod kit worked, I never really looked into it before though, but to notch for tie rods wouldn't be bad you only need like an inch of room and then cut a piece of pipe in half to weld in as a tiny plate notch to strengthen the notch.

GonzalezKustomzFab

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally agree, I would never leave it as just an open notch like that. One guy said he left it without reinforcement on fsc, but to me that's unfinished and not right.

Thats right! That kind of $hit gives a bad name to shops like me and people with bagged truck just cause they think it's a hack job

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
sounds nice. id love to do the same rear setup but money wise i doubt i will be using KP kit. would be nice BUT different setup cheaper is more in my price range for next year. still not sure what i should do on my truck. bag setups arent explained very well. youd think its a dam trade secrete.LOL
but for the bed IMO i wouldnt keep it open unless its a show truck only! if ya do its gonna get REAL DIRTY!!! i prefer raised bed floor myself. ive also seen afew trucks catch fire from dragging throwing sparks well for WAY TO DAM LONG and the sparks built up inside the bed and caught the truck beds on fire which got to fuel tank and torched the whole truck before it could get put out. needless to say i sure as hell wont be having a open bed floor!

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
If I were to do it all again, I wouldn't use the kp 6 link for the price they sell it for. I would go with an nfamus 3 link http://www.nfamusairsuspension.com/nfproducts_kits.html

You must be registered for see images

Its more welding but it keeps everything forward, it will also free up that space where the cantilever mounts up to so you can run your compressors there.

about 80% through the install of their kit. it's very nice and quality is 2nd to none.

Also I like the nfamus three link but I don't Like the fact it doesn't look like anythings adjustable, to set pinion angle..
not trying to sound like an ass, but if you measure enough and set it up right, there's no need for adjustability.

blue_92 - can't wait to see progress, love the truck static and i'm sure i'll love it more bagged