All around budget sound setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
So you like the DS60 speakers for the front?

Also, I am only going to run 1 10" sub. Do I still need to get the 4ohm one? I thought that amp could handle the power rating for the CVR.

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I'm also thinking about getting kick panels and doing 4 6.5" up front and just unhooking the back stock speakers. I know someone recommended doing that in this thread awhile back.

How much of a difference would I notice? And is it worth the extra $180?

draggin95niss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The cvr is a dual voice coil, so if u wire a dual 2 ohm in parallel u get 1 ohm(+ to+, - to -) but if u wire it in series then u will get 4 ohms and wont get full power from ur amp, so if u get a dual 4 ohm and wire it parallel u get 2 ohm load and get full power from ur amp since its rated for 2 ohm.....

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
They do but the airspace in the box is more suited for a 10"...

I see, back to the original plan then.

What is the difference between these two subs? They both are Kicker CVR10's but look different and have a substantial cost difference.
http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/3153205/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_2061CVR104/Kicker-10CVR104.html?search=cvr10

Also, earlier in this thread I learned that the amp I linked would not support the 2 ohm sub to its potential. With that said, would I get a better sound if I got a stronger amp that could run the 2ohm sub, or am I fine with the 4ohm?

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
If you keep that sub, then yes, a new amp that is 1-ohm stable will be what you need to get. Look for a monoblock(class D or better), and make sure you look at it's rms(recommended/nominal) power rating, not it's max power.