addiction2basses daily driver build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
ok well alittle update. still not done. ive been fighting this thing for the last week. every time i tried to primer it and sand smooth the paint had thousands of freakin pin holes all over it no matter what i did sanding and cleaning wise. so afew days ago i smothered the sucker in thin layer of glaze putty over the whole console and then sanded it smooth and primered it again.... which did MUCH BETTER i only had a few tiny imperfections here and there that i need to fill. at least its ALOT BETTER paint wise. i used tube putty on all the imperfections to hopefully get it perfect finally. ill get back on it monday and hopefully finish it up mostly.
tho ive decided to paint it flat black first off. dont get me wrong i still want to paint it to match BUT to paint such a small part i dont think its worth my time to clean the gun and all mixing. so ill just rattle ran it to start out with and eventualy ill piece together some extra parts like new door handles, tailgate handle and bezel, my side mirrors and ill paint them all at once. that should make the paint work worth it! so ill just wait alitle while but it will come dont worry! :)
this is the first black paint i did which i had so much trouble with pin holes in the paint! i think it might have been some bad paint or something!
but basically what it should look like when done sanding again.
You must be registered for see images attach

and as it sits now.

shouldnt take to much more sanding till ready to be able to put it in my truck. :)
was gonna go finish sanding it now BUT friends havin BBQ so IM OUTTA HERE ;)

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
ok got more work done today. sanded and painted flat back. i got the gauges glued in place and most of the buttons back on the console. tho i might have to put another layer or two over the whole console tomorrow since i got afew small marks on it from the home link door scratching the paint alittle. not bad but it is on my nerves and id prefer to fix it. i still need to buy some more air line and fittings so i can tap into my tanks main line pressure to dispaly. i also need to get some more leds eventually, my gauges only one a single bulb with all of them. i bought these 3 used thats why only 1 bulb :(

i put some oily finger prints on the console while putting it back together but i wont clean it till the paint is real good and dry. should hopefully be inside my truck tomorrow nite or so if i do repaint it like id like to do.
after seeing it in flat black im kinda thinking about keeping it flat black instead of paint. tho if i do keep it flat black i think i really should get some flat clear coat to help protect it from normal touching ;)

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
ok well finally finished it mostly today. i had to lube up the buttons and slides for them to work properly since i had put so many layers of paint inside the jams. but works good now. only thing i dont like is the middle tank gauge is not accurate! its 40psi to low it says its 160 but its really 200psi. o well price i pay for cheap used gauges! i only paid 40bucks for all 3 off craigslist! eventually ill just buy a new tank gauge. and yes the middle tank gauge is crooked alittle. while tightening the air fitting on the back it turned alittle. not worth my time to straighten up right now since ill be replacing it eventually anyways.
but i think it looks real good painted flat black. looks dam near factory IMO. i wish i could have angled the gauges more to driver but thats the most i could angle them and have them fit still.
im pretty sure ill be keeping the console flat black now cause i do like how it looks this way.
enough chat heres what ya wanna see ;)

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
thanks.
today i started another project... well more a rebuild project. i converted one of these skull hitch covers with some leds awhile back but after winter road salt spray and time it rusted my led prongs right thru and stopped working. so finally i bought some more prewired leds from oznium.com and resistors and diodes from radio shack so i can rebuild this skull i like so much. unfortunately i couldnt find my old skull so i had to start over again from scratch and use another skull cover. :(
drilled holes for leds today. basically just figuring out resistors and such for wiring again from scratch since i lost my old skull with the wiring i had done.
i got the 3 leds for the mouth already in. and this time i am sealing the holes and all around leds with 5min clear epoxy and when done more silicone if needed over all the wires to hopefully keep this sucker working for ALONG TIME THIS TIME ;)
here is what i had BEFORE and will be how i will be building it again like but this time sealing all connections and leds! and also trying to get the leds straighter this time... old one had the eyes not lined up even or even close to.lol
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/addiction2bass/97 C1500/?action=view&current=skull001-1.mp4

and the work i have done so far. the eye holes arent evenly drilled BUT i will do my best to position the leds in the holes even! the right eye is pretty close. but left eye hole kept wobbling. once i get the leds epoxied into the skull i will touch it up with black paint so it looks even as well. i just ran out of 5min epoxy and 60second epoxy doesnt have enough work time to flow and smooth out nice enough!