addiction2basses daily driver build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
LOL a jackhammer. hell people think its odd seeing my extra air line so i can fill up tires and such in the back of my truck.
i was originally going to do multiple alternators on my truck for my bass setup but ever since i blew out my ear drum ive been thinking about downgrading my system alittle. back down to 2 12s since the more i bump the more my ear rings later that night!
and i hear alot of people talking about EDC units being the best.... so ya im really thinking hard about going with the EDC instead. its just another one of those things i need to do more research on before i buy parts for my front inner fenders. i was gonna go real wide with the trailer fenders but not sure how much the york 210 would sit away from the motor so i might have to go with a smaller fender.

I gotta buddy who has a place in Indy that will build a 200 amp alt for 200 bucks if your interested lmk Ill get ya,hooked up with him this weekend

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
I got a built alt already something like 200 or 250amp. Its a good alt but I need to put back billet overdrive pulley back on it sometime. I just gotta sand the pulley alittle and get a new belt. I've been getting my alts built by hutchersons on southside indy for about 10years now. So I'm good there.

Anybody have a EDC mounted on a vortec that can get me some pics installed and afew measurments? Id like to see how far it sticks over on drivers side so I can think more on my inner fenders.
Also when I bought my current air setup I was only running helper bags and a semi airhorn. ;) I hadn't even thought id bag the front at that time! And then I got my tax check and got an idea :)

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
ill probably check out some trucks at slamology. i know ill be out an around... just look for the beard ill be around.lol

and today i got my parts already today. my new check valves which look SO MUCH NICER than those cheap ass viair check valves! of course i paid 60bucks for these dam things BUT they SHOULD be trouble free for along time. they flow alot more air and seal up great! so far im very happy with them AND THATS BEFORE USING THEM.LOL
i just put them in my truck so tomorrow ill know if that is what was leaking alittle the rest of the way!
You must be registered for see images attach

i also JUST got my carpet from ups so time to finish the sides of my trucks bed. but i might swap out my rear bumper today so not sure if i got the time to do all of that tonight. but ill try.... i just took a break for lunch. give my food some time to settle then ill get out and start workin on the truck.
slamology is coming quick right now. id like to finish up just afew things before then.
i also saw a nice older obs today at lowes picking up fittings for the check valves. nice lookin truck if it wasnt for the post he backed into with his rollpan..... been there done that and boy is my backup camera nice to have, tho i still not dare use a rollpan again. ill keep my stock bumper... so i can well.... bump things ;)

o ya this was another one of my old projects i had last year.... OBS long bed trailer. nothing special really done to it... ghetto flip kit drop but worked for a trailer ;) i wish id have kept it..... BUT you know how women can be.... they get expensive and my now ex defiantly hurt my pocket book when we was together. so i had to sell it to pay afew bills. but i at least got my money back out of the trailer when i sold it. im just glad i didnt waste paint on it before i sold it.
eventually I WILL HAVE ANOTHER truck bed trailer. but so far i havent found a bed in good shape for the right price!

when i got it.

ill just be using this last project as a learning experience of what TO DO and WHAT NOT TO DO... for instance next time i will not be reusing the stock frame! just springs/axle/mounts for springs and the bed of course, everything else brand new steel! and i will shorten up the trailer tongue. that one i made long so i could build a custom toolbox hood BUT well that project took a flop hardcore so i wont be trying that again most likely... but who knows maybe i will. but it is unlikely depends how bored i get after the main build.

if anybody has a long bed in decent shape or old axle thats blew up inside.... hell hook me up... free is best but cheap is also alright :) around central indiana area otherwise gas cost to much to come get.
now that i have alittle plasma cutter this project could happen in no time if i can find some good parts to use.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
just swapped out a rusty @ss rear bumper for a used one with alot less rust. ;) why do these freakin bumpers always want to shift when tighting bolts down. took me a good 1/2hour to freakin line this thing up perfectly. drivers side kept pushing out, and passenger side kept pushing inward to the body. BUT finally got it all even! now just have to bolt on my liscence plate and back up camera and shine up my pipes out back. next its finish carpeting the truck bed.
bumper just took me alot longer to swap then it should have. had to change the top step pad as well since the bumper i got from junkyard was on a stepside truck. hell i thought those pads just snapped on. turns out theres 9bolts on the backside holding it inplace as well.
o well back to work. just came in for short break and to shake the rust off myself... using impact guns really shakes the rust loose and most of it just fell on me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeraldinmendez