addiction2basses daily driver build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
thanks. i really liked it to. :( wish i had dumped that b*tch before i sold it then my money would have been right.LOL
o well I WILL BUILD ANOTHER IN TIME! seems like most the beds at my local yard always get damaged from the stupid fork lift people moving them around so much. i dont wanna pay 300-400bucks or so for a damaged bed. i wish they was cheaper then id think about it! ill find one eventually in decent shape when i got cash. o well back to work now. its to easy to stay sitting in my lazyboy chair and put things off.lol

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
ya i loved the idea myself but when it came to doing it i just wasnt sure of all how to do it... and before i figured it out the trailer was gone. :(
of course back then i just had a recip saw and a unlevel floor which made it even trickier. maybe next time ill finish it and if i made trailer tongue short ill just cut it off and extend it to fit. but now im getting ahead of myself.lol

but anyways not much else done to my truck tonight. i started cutting the carpet for the truck bed sides BUT after cutting the first square out the mosquitoes came out in full force so i quite for the night before they tore me up! ill finish the carpeting tomorrow.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
nope wasnt me. ive only had one JL sub and it was a baby 10 or 12 W0.LOL super weak and i didnt have it long.

but anyways i got my ride ready for slamology pretty much. finished up truck bed carpet. tho now it makes my air bracket looks kinda bad..... im to lazy to pull the bracket out right now, but eventually i will pull it out and paint it black to match again.

first shiny bumper. nothing much. but yall already know im a picture *****. :)
You must be registered for see images attach

carpet turned out pretty good... alot cheaper than a bedrug. cause no way in hell im going to pay that much for a bedrug and then cut holes in it!
http://www.yourautotrim.com/maraqturcar.html
enter coupon code 1512 during checkout to take 15% off your entire order of $25 or more! This promotion has been extended one week until Friday, June 22, 2012.

also while i was changing my check valves i found out my tank fittings must not be both true.... the passenger side is angled in more. :( guess thats how they welded it in there. it does bug me but nothing i can do about that really as is. im not sure if the leader hoses are long enough to do a straight side feed or not. the new hoses are longer than the ones that came on my pumps.
if i ever rebuild the mount ill put everything up high and pumps on the sides. just cause when i haul stuff somethings bump into the tank marking it all up. :(
also had to replace a tailgate strap. freakin thing was crushed and as soon as i touch it it snapped in 2 :( freakin 16bucks for a dam cable... hell im thinking about switching to steel brackets like older trucks maybe. ill have to try some out sometime and see how i like them.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
its not to hard to do. but well i do wish i had some electric scissors!LOL my freakin finger is swoll up from my dam scissors. its just alot of cut it larger first slap it inplace and start cutting little by little off till its close enough! i still got alittle more to do on the front but i dont want to trim it yet till i figure out what im going to do with my current air setup. i dare not cut the carpet and cut holes in it for the bracket just incase i change it up this way i dont have to buy another 40bucks in carpet for that section ;) once ya cut it there is no simple adding to it.lol

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
well i found a new to me overhead console at junkyard this week and i did my own frankenstein console snagging parts from 3 different trucks.lol main console from a 95 suburban ( because it is easily seperated from the fabric and hard plastic section, newer truck consoles are melted tabs instead of screws so more PITA to reattach if recovering) 2nd part from a 2000 nbs truck map lights and switches because they are larger lenses that just look way better plus the lenses looked great on these! i also snagged the rear tissue door cause i dont care for the obs bungie crap on there. and 3rd part home link garage door opener door is from a 96s10 blazer, tho it doesnt close and stay snug BUT once i get it all painted i will just glue the door shut with some epoxy since the homelink systems NEVER NEED OPENED! ;) dam near good for life!
all and all i call it my frankenstein console ;) and the reason why i pieced it together..... to do some custom gauge work to fit 3 air gauges up there. i got a hell of a deal on 3 gauges for only 40bucks on craigslist! i did only want 2 but they barely fit and the lines are dam near pinched against the roof not giving me a great reading i dont think.
so this ones getting some custom work. alittle fiberglass, pvc pipe, and some fiberglass bondo and reg bondo to finish.

so far so good with the work. tonight was alot of grinding and cutting of the pvc pipe and just a quick hot glue to keep the pipes inplace until i do the fiberglass bracing on the rear tomorrow after work. then ill start adding fiberglass filler and start shaping it and hopefully it doesnt kick my @ss to much to get the right shape! FINGERS CROSSED!!!!

im also hoping for alittle better viewing angle for my driving. i have it JUST SLIGHTLY angled towards me afew degrees or so. not sure if it will help or not but with it being tilted more level should help viewing as well and most of all it wont kink my air lines anymore up on the roof!

now i ask yalls opinion on a few things.
first off.... should i remove fabric section and smooth it over and paint it as well OR just keep it fabric to match roof? i would just be reusing my trucks current fabric section thats in my truck.

second.... should i paint the plastic sections flat black OR painted to match exterior?

im really not sure yet how i should finish it! :(

Reaction score
Love the gauge mounting idea! If your gonna put all that work into it id paint to match the body IMO.. just to make it worth the hard work ya put into doing it :) flat black would kinda be hiding it from view..

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
Ya but that's. A tuff call for me. Do I want it to stick out or make it look dam near factory and get a double take from people ;) I do like minor custom touches.... that's what makes the choice hard for me. Plus once I paint one part ill just want more painted. And i don't want to much painted caue I've done that before in my old 96jimmy and painted dash not great for daily drivers... my paint got chipped and scratched like crazy over a year