addiction2basses daily driver build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
well figured why not do a quick show.
got this truck in 2009. traded my old 99civic ex put back mostly stock for this 1997 c1500 3rd door extended cab short bed chevy.
and i must say i do miss my old civic BUT ONLY WHEN I GO TO GAS PUMP! LOL
and i must say even gutted back to stock the civic still looked good.LOL it was my first vehicle i EVER finished to this day. and i tried my best to keep that sucker clean and i think i did a good job.
You must be registered for see images attach

but anyways that ole civic is a goner... its only downfall was it was a automatic.
so i had a trade offer for this guys 1997 truck and i did miss a truck. i used to have a 95 extended cab but it was well not very good. weak 5.0 which was its main downfall. also i shaved the handles which ill never do again.LOL

^LOL painted taillights.... yep i did that. to lazy to shave taillights before i painted it.

the main thing that got me hooked at first email was it was a 3rd door extended cab and also had the 5.7vortec, and the chrome sport wheels nice option! and it was completely stock and in great shape. only thing that was damaged when i got it is a dent in the hood... thats still there. everything else perfect shape!
so far to this day the trucks only had 2 failures. first bad... fuel pump died driving down interstate. and second the brake booster went bad. so far everything else working great!

the ole girl has come along way by now. swapped badging to gmc so the front grill wasnt a obvious swap. only 2 chevy logo parts still is silverado badge and the drivers airbag chevy.
trex billet grill. 6K hids, first lowered static 4/6 which wasnt enough drop for me after ruffly a year i wanted more, so ive started bagging the truck. the fronts bagged but still sitting on inner fenders (thats the next thing big i wanna change! trailer fenders and such under the hood to look clean still.) and then MAYBE next tax check ill start buying the rear bag parts i want. just not going to cheap out! i wanna do it once the first time i be worry free!
more mods.... alpine flip out radio/dvd with backup camera which i love! anybody with a truck this camera helps out huge when backing up! no more bumping stuff with my rear bumper ;) and ive been thinking about getting another for the front just for kicks.
escalade cluster 120mph, white hp5 leds full gauges and all to leds. power programmer to disable speed governor. dual display temp/compass mirror upgrade.

currently two 15inch mtx 8500s ported behind drivers seat with rear bench deleted and replaced with matching passenger tahoe seat in back. my old setup was two alpine typeR 12s in fiberglass box with seat lifted ruffly 4inches so i could front fire. was nice but i wanted more bass. originally i had the subs stealth... but i upgraded amplifier to push em harder and i basically rubbed the rubber surround off one of the subs pretty much killing it :( but it looked sweet stealth. if i was to reuse this box i would just add another 3/4mdf to the face and recarpet it stealth again!

new subwoofer setup but ive never really finished it. i built it last year when it was dam near 100degrees outside. the box is done but i never finished the false floor it sits on in my truck. and to this day its still lazy just a piece of mdf slapped in there with some 2x4 pieces leveling it out, and some carpet slapped around it to kinda hide the incompletness.lol and ive also wanted to just cut off the top gap section and just flush the top down over the subs for a cleaner look. i was originally going for a light up between section but i just didnt have enough gap for good lighting on them! i just havent pulled the beast sized box out to do it!
and i dont like how the carpet is ontop. i just couldnt get the carpet to blend together and tuck neatly.

i also slapped the first thing i made when i got this truck... a wood cutout of my truck slammed i made with a picture/printer/jigsaw. ;) i liked it so decided WHY NOT slap it on the side of my box back there.LOL

60/40 front seat swap so i can haul another person upfront since i deleted space in the rear ;)

custom foglight switch setup. escalade oem switch trimmed to fit the top hole in my truck. which i actually dont have wired in yet. again to lazy to run wires for the switch. :(

sweet junkyard find. chrome front bumper with billet grills and foglight holes. just didnt come with the driving lights. i had to get them from amazon.com

my attempt to a floating tank and compressors rack.

slapped some carpet inside the bed. aqua turf carpet black of course. not great but also alot cheaper than a bedrug! and i have more carpet suposed to come in tomorrow so i can finally carpet the sides of the bed as well. not bad stuff...

3/8 smc valves clear coated and all mounted up for a long lasting finish hopefully even in indiana road salt abuse.

raised exhaust pipe done by my local muffler shop just to make sure i dont damage it

and this is the little guy that got me hooked on air! tiny used viair pump and tank with helper bags, then semi air horn... and then it grew hard when that tiny pump started going bad.

and more bag stuff.... NEVER CHEAP OUT ON AIR FITTINGS!!!!! needs to be DOT. this fitting used to be 1 piece. basically it leaked, i searched for leak and found it and as soon as i touched it it blew apart and the line flew up and when i turned my head it just so happened to aim itself right into my right ear and well.... ruptured my ear drum and to this day over 6months now I STILL have a ringing in my ear which might never go away! needless to say DONT BUY CHEAP NON DOT FITTINGS! it cost me alot in doc bills and posibly a permanent annoying ringing! hell id have thought my bass would do the most damage... NOPE a 5dollar cheap air fitting did the most ear damage so far! :(

i can go alittle higher now. that was with 145psi. now im up to 200psi so i can get more lift in the front if i need it. WHICH I DONT i need it to go lower! stupid inner fenders and stock size tires ;)

and yes i know alot of people dont like camper shells BUT to each there own.... the soft cover i got i kinda hate sometimes. and my truck is my daily driver and i always have my tools with me since im a junkyard ***** basically ;) so the ability to lock up my tools is huge! and this is also the best campershell IMO that looks smooth and clean still. this is the second cover ive had. first one was same but like original cover that came out when the truck short bed was new.LOL sagging roof, front sliding window, crappy torn plastic window latches. only thing that really upset me was i just painted it afew weeks before i found this dam near new camper shell. solid front window, bearclaw type hatch latches and no cracks or damage in fiberglass. so still well worth the wasted paint for the upgrade! ;)

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
tomorrow i got new check valves hopefully coming in the mail since one of my new check valves is leaking. i got a decent deal on these better check valves for my viair pumps. these should fix my slight air leak i have. it was really bad before i switched leader hoses. one check valve was stuck shut and would blow off the leader hose barb fitting, and the other hose check valve leaked real bad basically stuck open.
and tomorrow i get my carpet for the rest of my trucks bed to carpet the sides all the way around and also redo my wheel arch section since last ones i did was with scraps and not so good upclose.

work in progress like always... working check by check.

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
A suspension setup like that an I would have figured you would have installed a York compressor under the hood!

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Looks great man, I like that gold color. Dont feel bad about the camper either , Ive been asked if mines a truck with a shell on it :lol:

Red91

Hi, I'm Red
Reaction score
This kinda makes me want to skip the 4/6 and bag mine up front..... Haha. I am sure it will look tons better with the rims i am getting from you. Looks damn good man!

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
A suspension setup like that an I would have figured you would have installed a York compressor under the hood!
i do wish i did...... hell ive only had this air setup for alittle while BUT i already want more air. right now its only 5gallons id like more to play with. so i am highly thinking of swapping out air setup. EDC pump and at 12gallon tank is what id like to have.
i also found out my local bag shop guy said he has a kit for my old 66impala for 900bucks.... so after i finish bagging my truck i may just bag my impala as well.lol

This kinda makes me want to skip the 4/6 and bag mine up front..... Haha. I am sure it will look tons better with the rims i am getting from you. Looks damn good man!

its a idea BUT the price is HUGE DIFFERENCE! 4/6 drop can run ya about 5-600bucks. airbag setup... OUCH i got 900bucks alone in 2bags 8 valves, bunch of fittings, and a switch box. and that doesnt include any compressors/ tank other fittings. so just for the front is ruffly 1K... the bag setup doesnt look to cost very much but for fittings and such THE PRICE ADDS UP QUICKLY! about 5-10bucks a single fitting adds up FAST!
for rear it will cost even more depending on the setup you want. me personally i want KP 4link setup but in all honesty that might still be out of price range for awhile somewhere around 1-2K depending on full cani setup or closer to 1K if i do bag over axle with kp 4link kit.
bags defiantly funner to play with but you got more posible problems and the cost is way more than static drop! just depends how much you wanna pay to play. but once you start playing with air ITS A BUG... you just want more and more! at least thats my experience.LOL

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
The York is nice. I have not installed mine yet but my friend has one on his Jeep with a 10gal tank and can fill it to 175psi in 35 seconds!!! We have even ran a jackhammer off of it. Everyone was trying to figure out his secret.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
I like the camper. It makes it look clean and gives it some nice lines.

thanks. i like the camper its only downfall is it adds more blind spots of course. and with my street scene mirrors it can be alittle nervous when changing to left lane. ;) but the SS mirrors are way nicer than the 454 stock mirrors did.LOL i had a set of those on my truck for only 24hours before i took them off cause i couldnt see anything with them besides the side of my truck.LOL

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
LOL a jackhammer. hell people think its odd seeing my extra air line so i can fill up tires and such in the back of my truck.
i was originally going to do multiple alternators on my truck for my bass setup but ever since i blew out my ear drum ive been thinking about downgrading my system alittle. back down to 2 12s since the more i bump the more my ear rings later that night!
and i hear alot of people talking about EDC units being the best.... so ya im really thinking hard about going with the EDC instead. its just another one of those things i need to do more research on before i buy parts for my front inner fenders. i was gonna go real wide with the trailer fenders but not sure how much the york 210 would sit away from the motor so i might have to go with a smaller fender.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GriffisClnCo