'98 K2500 RCLB 454 NV4500 Daily/Hauler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
No kidding, I pulled my steering box bolts, the nut to the center link, couldn't get it off the center link, hit it with a hammer and pickle fork for twenty minutes, got pissed, put it back together, and have done nothing since lol.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
when i did mine it got stuck on the idler so i said screw it and pulled the center link with both tie rods and the idler arm still attatched lol

Try and air hammer jr lol

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
when i did mine it got stuck on the idler so i said screw it and pulled the center link with both tie rods and the idler arm still attatched lol

Try and air hammer jr lol

That's what I was going to do tomorrow, cut it and use my air hammer on the rest lol

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Obviously this has 0 rust so the idler bracket bolts came out like butter, used a pickle fork and hammer to separate the arms from the center link, And heated the pitman up at the gearbox and a few braaaps of the air hammer it fell right off. Everything I had in the previous post took about 45 minutes.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Yea mines got surface rust on everything underneath. I wouldve never gotten my idler arm support off without my impact lol.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
The steering is much more responsive now, still has a little bit of play, but I can live with it. Much success!

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Pigpen takes half a turn of the wheel to start changing directions, it's interesting lol.

65nightmare

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I have this brand new Lund Moonvisor that came with one of the other trucks I recently bought/sold. I had painted it black with intentions of putting it on that truck, and has sat ever since. I'm debating on if I want to put it on this truck or not. Maybe replace all the 194 bulbs with LEDs or something so they'll last longer. The paint looks good right now, however I should probably put some clear coat on it, but the spray can stuff never turns out good.

You must be registered for see images attach
I know it's not spray can but Nason clear is cheap easy to spray and pretty good but it usually sprays dry so it needs buffing.

Sent from the land of the ice and snow.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I know it's not spray can but Nason clear is cheap easy to spray and pretty good but it usually sprays dry so it needs buffing.

Sent from the land of the ice and snow.

Just IMO, but I hate Nason lol. I hate it. Back before the internet was really a thing, I painted a LeMans with it, because it was what my parts store carried, and it was thin, took a million coats, didn't have any real gloss. I was really unhappy with it. I tried it a few years later on a truck and had the same results.