'98 K2500 RCLB 454 NV4500 Daily/Hauler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Figured i'd get a thread started now that the truck is officially paid for! I now own a 1998 Chevy K2500 RCLB with a 454/NV4500 setup. I've been rummaging through craigslist ads for over a month waiting to find the right truck, I was being very picky. Finally came across the perfect one, but its all the way in southern California. I worked out a long distance deal with the seller, who was very cooperative. He purchased it last year off of the original owner, who took excellent care of it. He has over 50 pages of service records totaling over $10000. He even send me an 8 minute video of a walk around and a short test drive. I just now need to finalize shipping, and I hope to have it in my yard and on the road in a couple weeks! Here's a few pictures he took, he was actually hesitant to send me them because"he hadn't had a chance to have it detailed yet".
You must be registered for see images attach

The truck is completely stock, and I plan to mostly leave it that way for a short time, other than maybe swap over my rims from my old truck if they fit. I'm sure there will be several small things I do fairly quickly, but I still have my other '93 C1500 project that I want to start focusing on again.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Ran the VIN through Compnine, no big surprise that it's Cali emissions, considering the carfax shows that it has been there it's entire life!

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
One thing nice about Cali trucks... no rust!!
That is the main reason I was looking so far away. Nothing within 12 hours of me would even come close to being that clean. Shipping will be a little costly, but this will be the cleanest truck i've ever owned.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Get a lot of LED's, Tow's, a tool box with dual whips, some stick on LED halo's, and you'll be all set lol.

J/K, that is an awesome truck, exactly what Pigpen would be if I was rich.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
20" Rockstar's yo
You forgot about the little chrome faux air vents to put on the fenders! Sounds like you want me to turn this thing into a riceriffic truck, but I think i'll pass on that :p Just judging by the pictures, I think i'll throw the new headlights I have saved for my other project in , and throw some covers over the turn signals just to give the front a freshened up look. I also have a brand new moon visor that came with one of the last trucks I just bought that I might consider putting on.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Love the truck man. That cowl hood woulda looked good on it lol, cant wait to see some cleaned up pics.