Z71 package differences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevco2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What exactly did the Z71 get you on the GMT400s?
Was is all bolt on extras with a G80 rear end?
Did the Suburbans have z71 option then and was it different than the pickup?

I know now that a Z71 GM truck seems to be a fancy trim package with strut spacers

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You mean the "Z71" decal 4x4 vs "4x4" decal 4x4? I thought it was just Bilstein shocks, front skid plate, and something else, can't remember at the moment.

I don't believe there ever was a "Z71" RPO option, so the G80 could be had with "4x4" decal, "Z71" decal or even 2wd! You need to check glovebox for actual RPO codes. Don't know about Suburban Z71.

I have 4 trucks: 2 are 4x4 and 2 are 2wd, and all 4 have the G80...

Kevco2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did not think it was all that much
But I certainly have noticed on RockAuto and the like that certain parts will not fit Z71
I almost convinced myself that they came with a proper selectable locker or some type of mini lift for bigger tires

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And don't forget the fogs in the front bumper and that massive ram bar. Not sure if plastic flares wete part of the package too-they defo help with fitting wider/different offset wheels.

You must be registered for see images attach

gearheadE30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And don't forget the fogs in the front bumper and that massive ram bar. Not sure if plastic flares wete part of the package too-they defo help with fitting wider/different offset wheels.

You must be registered for see images attach

The Tahoe Z71 is a different beast than the truck Z71. The truck was stickers, Bilsteins, skid plates, and that's about it.

The Tahoe Z71 generally had a 2 tone interior shared with the Limited, color matched grille and bumpers with the integrated fog lights, most of them came with taillight covers and many got a front brush guard as well (though I have never seen the one pictured on your truck before). The flares were also part of the package, and I think they all got G80 differentials as well. They also came with those cool 5 spoke Alcoa aluminum wheels.