***Your HID Questions Answered Here.***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geo's66

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This threads been quiet for a while. New obs owner and wanting to do this change. Any new companies that are quality and plug n play setup? Don't mind the expense if I can get it all done once, and have it work correctly... Thanks, great info guys

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get with Mobs on here. I got a set of H.I.D's from him with no problems as well as my dash led's.

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk

squidtracy

Reaction score
I was reading through this and I must say there is a SH*T ton of very useful information. I can see where there would be a need for this and it is very well written and informative. I am currently doing a resto project on a 98 Sierra Stepside that will become a Phantom Dually short bed and the exterior lighting is absolutely essential. I currently have HID's on my other vehicle and love them but since the truck project is new territory for me I am certain that i will be back here for reference. Thanks for he great write up !

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
whats the best recommended brand to buy, on my 97 k1500 i think every one ive bought has burned out within a year, whats a good brand for my new truck that will last

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
whats the best recommended brand to buy, on my 97 k1500 i think every one ive bought has burned out within a year, whats a good brand for my new truck that will last

I bought all mine from ddmtuning.com and I've had the ones in my 05 for a few years, dropped some in my dads 94 silverado and my 94 Sierra, we live in some harsh conditions and they hold up great, if you live In a cold climate like I do, I recommend the 35w power rating with 5000k or 6000k, the 55w have too long of a heat up and at at -30 they don't even ignite

Sent from the Sierra Club

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I bought all mine from ddmtuning.com and I've had the ones in my 05 for a few years, dropped some in my dads 94 silverado and my 94 Sierra, we live in some harsh conditions and they hold up great, if you live In a cold climate like I do, I recommend the 35w power rating with 5000k or 6000k, the 55w have too long of a heat up and at at -30 they don't even ignite

Hmmm I have 55 watt highs from DDM. They haven't lit since fall....an they have power on the truck side. Now that it's warm I may have to see if they finally fire.

Sent from what is likely a government flagged smartphone. Tyler/T-Unit

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't had an problems with mine, just that they take a while to turn on but that's normal, I don't really use my highs cuz my 94 doesn't have the relay, tried them out the other day, went blind for 10 seconds then lit up, my friends truck keeps acting up, one will be on then off the next time, I believe if youve gotten them wet,
Or the connections have moisture they fail easier, maybe some electrical contact cleaner will help, then sealing the connections with silicone or electrical tape

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I haven't had an problems with mine, just that they take a while to turn on but that's normal, I don't really use my highs cuz my 94 doesn't have the relay, tried them out the other day, went blind for 10 seconds then lit up, my friends truck keeps acting up, one will be on then off the next time, I believe if youve gotten them wet,
Or the connections have moisture they fail easier, maybe some electrical contact cleaner will help, then sealing the connections with silicone or electrical tape

I still have no highs. I'm thinking I meet to fix up a grounding issue. Electrical tape is the devil. It may look nice but it traps moisture. Shoot some dielectric grease in the connectors. Problem solved.

Sent from what is likely a government flagged smartphone. Tyler/T-Unit