***Your HID Questions Answered Here.***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Without glare caps it will produce a fair amount of glare for oncoming drivers. But if you do some conservitive aiming you shouldn't be hassled.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A reflector housing like that with no glare shields is going to cause bad glare no matter how you aim them. The stock housings would produce much less glare.

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For all the guys that installed hids in there trucks with out projector lights. Where did u guys put the ballasts? I tried to put mine in front of the grill but the parking lights are in the way. I barely have them zip tied to the core support but it pushs my grill out a little. Or what it because i was too cheap and didnt buy the slim ballasts?

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
For all the guys that installed hids in there trucks with out projector lights. Where did u guys put the ballasts? I tried to put mine in front of the grill but the parking lights are in the way. I barely have them zip tied to the core support but it pushs my grill out a little. Or what it because i was too cheap and didnt buy the slim ballasts?

My ballasts are sitting right behind the parking light housings, pointing up^ so the wires go through the circle hole that you can access the bulbs from.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is mine.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
It's best to mount them to the front of the core support for optimum cooling, we've mounted them behind the headlight bracket and also ran extension wires mounting the ballasts alongside radiator opening of core support.

ilikethewoods

Reaction score
DEAH!!!! Dude, late to the party but this is exactly the thread I was looking for! BEEn searching for THis TOPic for a whiLE, Thanks!! The internet is full of fun facts...!!!

Last edited:

jr817

Reaction score
Okay i need help, i have a 1989 chevy and i bought an HID kit with the bulb size 9006 i think. One of my headlights was out from the drivers side so i just figured id install the HIDs since there plug n play. when i installed them they didnt turn on and when i put the stock bulbs they didnt turn on either, need help!