***Your HID Questions Answered Here.***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
k. for my highs and lows. looking at the ddmtuning hids 4500k or 5000k for both highs and lows but also looking at the piaa extreme white plus.

i think this is the answer

The Extreme White bulbs are just that: bulbs. They're just a fancy halogen bulb. They are going to be a bit whiter and a bit brighter than ordinary halogen bulbs. I have a pair of them in the fog lights of my CTS and when compared to the OEM 4300K HIDs, they're relatively close, but if you're wanting the brightness and intensity of actual HIDs, there are no halogen bulbs out there that compare.

dkh_524

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks guess i just really had to think about the situation my dad wanted to know alitle more to but you helped with that.

dkh_524

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
one more question. Im guessing the best way to do this is get 35w for the lows and 55w for the highs? i will be doing the heavy duty harness and the 4 high mod is that to hot for the headlight housing when there on high?

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
one more question. Im guessing the best way to do this is get 35w for the lows and 55w for the highs? i will be doing the heavy duty harness and the 4 high mod is that to hot for the headlight housing when there on high?

In all honesty, 35W is plenty bright for the high beams as well. Don't get me wrong; 55W is obviously going to be brighter, but 35W HID's are damn bright as well! As far as the heat in the headlight housings, it shouldn't be an issue. The only time the heat becomes a serious concern is when mounting HID's into very small plastic fog light housings or something along those lines. So you should be good to rock n' roll hoss!

dkh_524

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
has any one used xentec hids there on ebay? i can still consider ddm but i really dont want to pay for the shipping.

shorthorn79

Reaction score
Last edited: