***Your HID Questions Answered Here.***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm ok a friend bought some for his F250 an that's how they were, from what he said. He got them from ddm also. I haven't actually seen them though....

I have a friend running DDM bi-xenons and they're a telescoping HID bulb. No halogen involved.

Well i can't find crap anymore, they used to be everywhere!!! Also, I might have a telescoping hid kit here soon, I converted my headlights to non-functional(just for showing off colors, not to actually see with), so the telescopic kit will be removed and replaced with single beam versions.

I'd be curious to see them. I've never seen anything but telescoping bi-xenons. I'm curious how you fit an HID and a halogen bulb into a space designed for a single bulb.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
This is a bi-xenon(telescoping bulb).

This pic shows the bulb in Lo-beam mode, normally the metal shield is on the bottom side when mounted and so all light reflects off top of housing and points downwards for Lo-beam. When you switch to high, the bulb moves inwards about 5mm aligning the burn chamber with that opening in back of chamber, allowing light to reflect off bottom of housing and shine upwards while rest does like Lo-beam. So on Lo you have light only reflecting off upper half of housing, on Hi you have light reflecting off entire housing increasing the spread of light.

You must be registered for see images attach

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Considering that halogen is basically an H3 bulb, I can't see it being very useful. It's prolly for Lo-beam.

It does look like an H3-size, which would make it next-to-useless. I'm betting it's HID low and halogen high, though.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, that metal shield configuration and the halogen not having a painted glare cap kinda makes it look that way too.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yerp....now I also see they have a twin tower hid, atleast I found one a lil while ago, it has 2 of those hid bulbs side-by-side with a heatshield between them. Imagine the heat generated if you ran them with 4-Hi mod lololol.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is Lo-HID, Hi-Halogen I think....maybe vice-versa.

You must be registered for see images attach

When my friend asked me what the bi xenon was that was the pic I found when looked it up, so that's why I thought that was what wfo was talking about....