You don't see this bed swap everyday...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
That first one is just ugly.
I'm still on the fence about this idea.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
^thats not THAT bad , Im really not a fan of bed swaps at all . It looks like they added some metal to the back of the cab to make the body lines match ,

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Yea, that's what I said. It's not that bad, but there are co.'s that reproduce boxes for '55-'59 GM trucks, & because of that, to me, it looks like this guy cheaped out. There is a lot of time put into the truck, 5.7 TPI, etc., only to put on a box that was a quick, easy, & cheap fix to having a rotted out box. IIRC it's sitting on a GMT400 frame, too.
There's actually a lot of work on the back of the cab to make this box fit the lines of the older cab. Little extensions around the box sides at the cab, as well as at the front step. Maybe it'd look better without the rear steps, the tailights filled & some stock style taillights, or a narrowed '80's style Chevelle station wagon/El Camino bumper.
I think that the truck deserved better. It's a big window cab, & the rarity of that alone should have justified a proper box.

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Im definately not a fan of bed swaps even on classic trucks, keep em classic IMO! The yellow truck looks alright but the truck at the beginning of this thread leaves me scratching my head..