xXxPARAGONxXx’s 1999 Chevrolet K2500 Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well 2 years ago when I got truck, all u-joints were original w/46k on it. So, yeah, fronts still are original. They’ll be done sooner or later.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like to clean up stuff like that with a quick Emory cloth just to polish the surface and take off any burrs. Super clean is a really good cleaner too, some in a bucket with water, put the splines in and scrub with a nylon brush. The degreaser imulsaphys imulsafise imolsofys imulfasizes… Breaks down the grease as you’re scrubbing it and keeps it from just being re-spread. It’ll eventually come off lol. But wear gloves, it’s pretty caustic.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like to clean up stuff like that with a quick Emory cloth just to polish the surface and take off any burrs. Super clean is a really good cleaner too, some in a bucket with water, put the splines in and scrub with a nylon brush. The degreaser imulsaphys imulsafise imolsofys imulfasizes… Breaks down the grease as you’re scrubbing it and keeps it from just being re-spread. It’ll eventually come off lol. But wear gloves, it’s pretty caustic.

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm going to get some emory cloth. I will need it for a lot of things on the to-do list.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speech to text translation: Emulsify

When your autocorrect doesn’t even know what you’re trying to say :banghead:

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Careful of those splines, that yoke probably has a plastic coating in it. You don't want to strip it.
Yeah, there's one part on the rear driveshaft (photographed in this post) that has the blue Teflon coating. I'm going to use Dawn and a nylon brush to clean it, but definitely not going to use anything harsh for fear of removing the coating.

On the other hand, the splines on the front yoke don't have the coating.