Would this be a good donor for a LS Swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i would wanna know that it runs,you can buy one from a salvage yard that has been run and tested for a little more than that

97SubMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea thats true, I just thought for the price and the fact that the motor isn't seized the other issues could prob be worked out with a little tweaking if it doesn't run already ya know?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Decent low mile LS engines go for round $1200.00 here. And that's with the computer & the harness, which that one doesn't have. That's something else you'll have to get. Usually when a wrecker sells the LS engines, they know that it's going into something that an LS was never in, so they like to keep the computers with them. You may be lucky though. Even still, he's never heard the engine run. You might be buying a whole lot of headaches.
I'd look for a vehicle that you can pull everything you need from, & sell the rest, to offset the initial monetary expenditure. Hey, you never know. You might end up with $$$ in your pocket, after all is said & done!

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
You can pick that engine up off of ebay, right now for like $450 shipped with a 90 day warranty.

Decent low mile LS engines go for round $1200.00 here. And that's with the computer & the harness, which that one doesn't have. That's something else you'll have to get. Usually when a wrecker sells the LS engines, they know that it's going into something that an LS was never in, so they like to keep the computers with them. You may be lucky though. Even still, he's never heard the engine run. You might be buying a whole lot of headaches.
I'd look for a vehicle that you can pull everything you need from, & sell the rest, to offset the initial monetary expenditure. Hey, you never know. You might end up with $$$ in your pocket, after all is said & done!

LS engines, yes, which that is not. Though LS-based, a 5.3 is substantially cheaper than an LS1/2/6. You can pick up a 5.3with accessories (manifolds at minimum, typically at least an alternator and starter as well) for $500 or so with 1XXK miles on it.

Last edited: