Worth saving???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This sounds similar to my truck.

My advice would be to fix it if you just want it to be a solid driver. Try to use a oily rust proofing on the back of any repaired areas. If you are going to keep the truck forever - buy rust free oem parts and swap them.

I see a lot of people stress over repairing this stuff the 'right' way. To some extent, it just doesn't matter because of the stuff that people have told you about in the previous posts.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
.i had drivers side cab corner done about 5 years ago at a body shop and looks like dog **** already.

Kinda what a few of us are getting getting at. Showcars sit in a garage, on a daily you'll start to see signs of the repair in a few years. Fairly typical.

Ledzep

Reaction score
Cab swap would be an excellent idea, looked locally and there are all rotted like mine. Down south I guess would be the only option. Spraying oil Is also a great idea. My buddy told me to use linseed oil, is this stuff good to use. Heard of this of course up in Canada, but no one I know other than him has done it in Mass that I know personally

bamabound

Reaction score
Ledzep, your last post is what i would suggest, if the truck means that much to you. i'm in alabama & unless the vehicle is from up north, dam near all are rust free & the pull a parts usually have at least 2 or 3+ all the time, plus burbs & tahoes. used to live in Fl & same thing, although u saw more northern vehicles down there. pull a part has 3 locations in atlanta, u could fly down, rent a uhaul & drive back. pull a part also has a website https://www.pullapart.com/ that lists there inventory. vehicles usually are there for at least 2 months, sometimes 3. just my .02