WIRING TPI FROM SCRATCH??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
your '94 TBI PCM will run 8 injectors in batch fire mode. minimal changes to your current wiring harness will be needed. splice tpi injector wires to tbi injector wires, lengthen IAC and TPS wires off the top of my head. have never done the conversion myself but have all the stuff to do a buddies '92 GMC maybe next year.

THIS.
Full tuning capabilities with a Dynamic EFI flash mod to the stock computer and harness injector connectors spliced in and done

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the answers guys. Judging from the performance of the 350 TPI in the Vette, I think it will do fine for me in the truck, for what I want to do with it. I know it's limitations, and think I will be happy with it's nice torque output and good gas mileage.

Then the Vette is going to get a hot 454 I built with FI Tech injection. Oh yeah!!

Vettepilot

TPI is a perfect truck setup. I intend to TPI swap my TBI truck and swap in a 400ci shortblock in a year or two.
With appropriate heads/cam selection this is a 450lb/ft wheel torque combo.
STS remote turbo the thing and it’s a 600lb/ft wheel torque at 3000rpm.

if there is a better gas combination for a truck I don’t know what it would be

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OP still hasn't told us what transmission he has. EBL won't control E-trans unless you're talking about piggy backing with EBL and stock PCM. FWIW, EBL P4 is available for the TPI's that were MAP equipped.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
^This, especially if the OP doesn't have tuning exp with EBL or others.

Vettepilot

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok guys. I have the 4l60e electronic trans. From what I can learn, all it needs is a signal from the TPS, throttle position sensor to run the trans computer.

Please guys, I know people have wired a TPI engine to the TBI computer with changes to the TBI harness, changes to the TBI computer, and then re-tuning the TBI computer to run the TPI sngine.

I DO NOT want to go this way.

I will be keeping the engine stock, and am not interested in tuning anything at this time.

I also can not afford a 450$ to 800$ wiring harness, nor a complete new EFI system.

I just want to drop in the complete TPI engine, wire it up to the Corvette computer the engine was born with, and drive it like a stocker.

What does it take to modify the truck TBI harness to hook up the TPI engine and computer??

I read somewhere about an adapter to mate the TBI connector to the TPI computer, but can't find any more info on it. I also came across a short blurb stating you can just move pins around in the connector to marry a TBI harness to a TPI computer, but cannot find detailed info on that either...

I'm getting nowhere fast with this swap...

:~(

Thanks,
Vettepilot

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Late to the party but if you google "tpi wiring that ate my brain and left ********" a guy did it with a tbi caprice wagon on the impala forum. He had a long detailed write up if im rememberin it all correctly.

Vettepilot

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Late to the party but if you google "tpi wiring that ate my brain and left ********" a guy did it with a tbi caprice wagon on the impala forum. He had a long detailed write up if im rememberin it all correctly.
Hi,

Neither google nor yahoo found that. Do you have any more info???

Thanks!
Vettepilot