[Wiring Issue] Ignition Control / Spark Control Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joef3

Reaction score
Hi all, thanks for letting me join. Thanks for your help, and I understand if this post gets deleted. Apologies if so.

My dad passed away and left my son (15 year old) a 1993 Chevrolet Silverado K3500 5.7L 350 TBI Throttle Body Injection. He did a couple engine swaps on it (from the original to a 454 and was in the middle of this 350 TBI swap). The wiring is a mess and I'm doing the best I can to get things going.

I have the wiring harness (connector) for the Spark Control Module (O'reilly calls it that) and Summit calls it an Ignition Control Module. From my findings on the internet it goes by multiple names. Here is the Summit link as to what it is: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ado-19294247

I have the connector for it but the wires are bare and some are missing. There are 5 wires on the connector and I cannot figure out where they go. As I said before the main wiring harness of the entire truck is a mess, lots of self-made connections, butt connectors, etc.

I've tried consulting the wiring manual but I didn't see anything that said spark control or ignition control.

The TB injectors work (I tested them with a 9V battery), and also if I manually put fuel in the TB and start the truck, it fires right up and as long as I dump a little fuel in there it will stay running.

I think this SCM/ICM not being connected is the problem, and maybe its not I honestly don't know. My son and I are learning.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate anything, and I understand if this post gets deleted. Apologies if so.

You must be registered for see images attach