Windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dfreitas486

Reaction score
I am looking for a glass manufactor that isnt garbage. Ive heard nothing but bad things from brands that ive researched. Anyone know of any?

jfever71

94grounddweller
Reaction score
We will only talk to you if you show use a build thread with lots of pictures of your truck. Lol. Just kidding. But seriously pictures! Lol. Really, pictures!!!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Haven't sought them out yet myself but since I need to do some windshield replacing soon it's on my mind. Something you can do at minimum is check where the glass was made. Lots of Chinese glass out there now and I wouldn't willingly pay for it.

Check the DOT code under the logo and run it through the NHTSA website - http://www.nhtsa.gov/apps/manufacturer/index.htm just enter the numbers from the code into the "DOT ID" field on that page.

For example when the windshield on my black '94 got replaced in Florida a few years ago, they installed PGW glass. PGW is Pittsburgh Glass Works. The glass is actually made by Fuyao Glass Industry of China...

Richard

lha1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pilkington is really good an I have an FYJ or something on my 89.

DR CHOP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What problem are you having? Crina-mex or Pgw. Have been good to me. I just got a Belton for the Yukon , it was real nice too.
Mainly you have to spend about 180 bucks to get a decent W/S. Even though they're made overseas, they have good and better, you always have to pay more for better. My shop does a lot of tint work and I deal with most of the glass company's round here.
Some glass is ty we can't even take a razor blade to it to clean it ( the glass is soo soft it scratches up) . The good glass
we can scrape all day.