Windshield defroster is whistling ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shibbershabber

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
92 K1500 Sub

When I turn on the windshield defroster at low speed it doesn't seem to have much effect.
When I turn it up to the higher speeds it whistles through the vents and still isn't very efficient

As if there is a restriction in the vents...

How can I check, is there something that I am missing? its only when I use the windshield defroster.

bdubyah

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the actuator that moves the airflow to the defrost vents is sticking? I know on my 93 when it's cold and I switch to defrost, it doesn't move all the way and it kinda whistles and I get almost no air coming through the defrost vents. Usually have to cycle from the vents to defrost a few times to get it to click all the way over.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing on all settings. Whistles like a sumbitch on high, unfortunately actuator cable is gone, plastic steering column cover that it hooks into was destroyed, somehow came off other end too.