Wife new (used) Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went out shopping for a decent truck for the wife and after looking at year, prices, and mileage we decided decent cheap trucks are a thing of the past.
Settled on a 2013 Chevy Avalanche.
Bought new in Idaho and been in Idaho its entire life. We are the 3rd owners according to CARFAX
Has almost all options. Does not have Auto level suspension or rain sensing wipers or cooled seats but they are heated. Not the LTZ but the next step down.
130K miles, Looks to have been well maintained and seems to run and drive perfect. 18.5K out the door.
Happy with it considering the 5 other's we looked at before finding this.
Best of all No rust! Her old 2005 Avalanche is a rust bucket from Canada and it also has 130K miles.
Trying to decide what i really wanna do with the old one. Runs and drives perfect. Interior decent and i have the back cover, just off when i took the pic.

Old Avalanche.
You must be registered for see images attach

New Avalanche
You must be registered for see images attach

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the engine / trans still good in old one, it be a good donor for ls swap
The engine, transmission, t case are all good.
Replaced the Knock sensors a few months ago and still get a knock sensor code sometimes. Probably because Dorman brand.
Had it for 4 years. When i bought it i changed all the fluids but the trans. I did change the filter and new fluid to top off the trans though. Engine oil changed every 5K Or spring/fall if not at 5K miles with Mobile 1 5W-30 Synthetic and mobile 1 or wix filter.

If it was 6.0 i would put it in my suburban but it's only a 5.3. Just not enough oomph for a suburban down low.
Im thinking of selling it for 4K and buying a GM performance 454 block and a Eagle rotating assembly.