My wife's new ride.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Years ago my wife had a Camry we bought from her parents, and she drove the living hell outta that thing. Sub-zero mornings she would have it in gear before the damn starter stopped spinning, caught the damn radio on fire (still not sure how she managed that), drove it low on oil and coolant more often than not, etc. It did not have an easy life. Finally spun a rod bearing with 370k on it.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Years ago my wife had a Camry we bought from her parents, and she drove the living hell outta that thing. Sub-zero mornings she would have it in gear before the damn starter stopped spinning, caught the damn radio on fire (still not sure how she managed that), drove it low on oil and coolant more often than not, etc. It did not have an easy life. Finally spun a rod bearing with 370k on it.
Thanks what I'm talking about, and that's why I wanted another Toyota. Time to sale the 2004 4runner.

F4U-1A

Early spring 24
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had my Pa's 1988, Loaded for its time Camry 5sp Manual for a year (roomy and moved) great ride. Sold it to my Circa 70s High School auto teacher ( he put like 350K with OUR winters on it) when I took delivery of my Chevy. My Pa had two more (autos) the last ( which was going to be my used Lux Ride) being totalled in their Condo garage. Just before the Retirement Home move. All Good (Fox and the Grapes fable) I did not not want that Camry anyways.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lol, where were you a month ago! Just bought an 03 for our son, went down to Denham Springs to get it. I can see why they’re popular.
Yeah, everybody said, go the Houston, and get 1 there, but that's about 4 hours away. So, I just couldn't see spending a whole day going to Houston, and who knows, not finding what we were looking for. Also, things look better in pics, than they do in person. I really wanted to look at a vehicle in person. My wife came met me at the shop at lunch. The owners son ( our engineer) said, it's the nicest Camry he has ever seen. I am very happy with the car so far. Hopefully I can get the amp, and sub hooked up this weekend.

F4U-1A

Early spring 24
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Circa 1983 ( very bad recession, and the interest rates, yikes) my Buddy left College and was a Diamond Driller for a year. Came back to Mining School with a brand new 4 Runner. Boys o Boys we skipped a lot of class that fall to go Moose Hunting. Good Times (and bad times).