Why cannot i get much air flowing in a single cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony Starks

Reaction score
looks like im SOL then haha, that's all I can fit. I checked the recommended volume and it was .65 cubic so im no where in range but now I know. I wish I had a ext cab like yours. Thanks for the help! I cant think of any other way to fit these subs so I guess im fine with what I have now.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I have 1 10" DVC sub with 600w @ 2 ohms, to it. It's rated for 800w. That thing pUmPs!!! Rattles door handles & rear view mirrors to the point I can't see anything in them.
Too many speakers in a reg. cab causes the sound of the system to become muddy & distorted. More speakers do not mean more better! There's only so much air in the cab that can be moved.
That box that you have now would work better with a single 12" or even a 10". The fact that it's firing into the seat doesn't help things either.
The box in my truck is on much more of an angle. Thinner at the top so that the speaker faces upwards more.
I've used ported & non-ported boxes. Prefer the non-ported. The sub hits harder in one of those.

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
Not sure if it was mentioned but you can do a blow though box!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2