Who's got an original silverado sport?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Wow yeah, you at least need to have collector insurance for it for reasons Tim W stated. I ran into that with my Town Car back when it got bruised by some clown. They (Progressive) totaled it out for ~1,800 worth of damage and tried to justify it by showing me 'comps' that were anything but comparable. I've since rectified that with a stated policy through Haggerty.

Looks like you are driving the only 4x4 sport though. I've never seen one and thought the graphics were aftermarket until the ad was posted. Cool ad by the way.

Cheap Heap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow yeah, you at least need to have collector insurance for it for reasons Tim W stated. I ran into that with my Town Car back when it got bruised by some clown. They (Progressive) totaled it out for ~1,800 worth of damage and tried to justify it by showing me 'comps' that were anything but comparable. I've since rectified that with a stated policy through Haggerty.

Looks like you are driving the only 4x4 sport though. I've never seen one and thought the graphics were aftermarket until the ad was posted. Cool ad by the way.

Hagerty is the way to go. I have both of my trucks with them.

SouthernYankee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

One of the managers at my work has an original Silverado Sport, I think. It has certain components of the Sport at least. He just got it from his grandfather when he passed. This truck is nearly immaculate. When I he brought it by work last summer it inspired me to find my own GMT400.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AK 99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Saw one on my way in to work todag

You must be registered for see images attach

I've been keeping tabs on one just like that. It has been sitting in the driveway for 10-15 years. It's in central Ohio. If anyone has a serious interest in it, I can try to contact the owner. I'm afraid that if I wait too much longer, it will disappear like the clean Celebrity station wagon that used to sit where the Sport is now.

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been keeping tabs on one just like that. It has been sitting in the driveway for 10-15 years. It's in central Ohio. If anyone has a serious interest in it, I can try to contact the owner. I'm afraid that if I wait too much longer, it will disappear like the clean Celebrity station wagon that used to sit where the Sport is now.
This one is down here in Alabama. (Rust free). I’d like another 400 but I don’t think I’d ever get one of these. I’m happy with what I have but I’d like a 88-94.

JONSTE

Reaction score
1992 BYP code sport ordered from factory with the 5.7L, 4x4, and 5 speed manual trans. The original owner believed there was less than 300 in this whole package in 1992. I’m still trying to find out how to confirm that. Just rolled over 100,000 last year. It’s been garage kept and in excellent shape. I only put 30-40 miles a week on it. registered it as an Antique and insured it as stated value of $25,000 just in case. This thing runs great.