Who has tried LED head lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieJC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the 4 high mod and have led’s on low beams and halogens still for the high . I love the leds. I aim them down a little as to not blind other drivers . I can see much better with them .

Macs Garage

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 99 GMC "classic". I bought LED bulbs for low beam off Amazon. It was a lot better than the halogen. I still wasn't happy with the high beams so I did the 4 high mod, huge improvement.

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LED headlights in reflector housing suck, and they blind everyone on the road. You can do LED highs all you want, but LED lows is a ******** thing to do. Watch how far out street signs light up, even though you're not actually seeing any light that far. If you want an actual lighting upgrade replace your housings if they're clouded, wire them to get full battery current, and use good halogens like phillips.

F4U-1A

Early spring 24
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would also suggest that if people are having a hard time seeing at night you should really get your eyes checked.
I had my eyes checked, Gawd, still 20/20. Think I said this before, I go out late evening to shop, cause all the old people (Florida of the North here now) are watching Lawrence Welk and indulging in rice pudding at 1900. But those on coming LEDs blind my right perrif to spot Moose and deer. Good Times.

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to come across this guy in the attached video a few years ago before buying my led set up. He is a headlight guru and has hundreds of videos where he tests every kind of led, as well as halogens, lasers, hid’s, etc… The video explains everything you need to know about how to select the proper led bulbs for your application.
The key take away when buying leds for older model vehicles is…
1. Match the led chips up as closely as possible with the old halogen bulbs filaments, positioning wise, so they reflect similar in the reflector housing(Explained very nicely in the attached video).
2. Make sure to properly align and aim headlights, as to not blind oncoming traffic.
So many people buy the wrong style of led, usually it’s because of how the led chips are laid out. They need to mimic the old halogen bulbs. Then on top of that folks don’t know how to properly align their new lights. Or just don’t care that they blind others. This gives a bad name to leds, and is why so many people frown upon them. The thing is when set up properly for your application you get great light output without pissing off your fellow night drivers.
I have personally been running a set of rgb XKGLOW leds with a 4 hi mod for a couple years now. I don’t have enough good things to say about them. My nighttime driving experiences are now amazing every time. Even in poor weather conditions. I have 100% confidence driving at night now.
I recommend leds to anyone looking for a headlight upgrade. As long as properly set up.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
Man I love what you've done with your truck. I'm getting truck ****/envy.

Reaction score
All I use are isincer 4 sided LEDs in 6000k color and 4 hi mod in all my chevs...had same bulbs in my 97 for about 3 years now zero issues. Can see up a gnats ass from waaay out and pattern is about same as stock, I've been on the oncoming side of trucks I have done this too and not aggressively obnoxious, about same as factory projectors and leds in newer vehicles. Just use a 4 sided bulb, the two sided has a cat's eye thing going on and pattern isn't very good.
Thanks for the info. With the isincer bulbs did you have to run resistors?

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. With the isincer bulbs did you have to run resistors?
Nope, direct plug and play. Be aware if you plug the bulb in ,try everything before you reassemble grill. The plugs on the bulb are not keyed, if it diesnt work unplug and flip connector and it'll work. Have put whole grille together and had a plug backwards and had to pull all off to swap a plug lol.