Who Can Diagnosis This Sound?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SuperTramp

Preparing truck & camper for N. American trek
Reaction score
Last edited:

SuperTramp

Reaction score
I believe your right. What’s the best solution? Replace the entire package?

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
I believe your right. What’s the best solution? Replace the entire package?

That would be the easiest solution. You can change just the Bendix but by the time you buy one, tear down the starter and replace the Bendix you could have just installed a new/reman starter for a couple of bucks more and a lot less time.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
That would be the easiest solution. You can change just the Bendix but by the time you buy one, tear down the starter and replace the Bendix you could have just installed a new/reman starter for a couple of bucks more and a lot less time.

I was having the tiny screws break when I tried taking mine apart. I ended up just replacing it with a new AC Delco Professional.... made in Korea. that was my second choice. First choice was a Denso that could have been from Japan or the US, but was priced much higher. The only complaint I have with the AC Delco Professional is that the original heat shield doesn't fit. I haven't had any problems with it so far. It's the mini-starter style, not the big old direct drive starter.

Rick Reid

Reaction score
get a new starter and make sure it doesn't need to be shimmed, should be good from the box unless the flywheel/flexplate are worn

SuperTramp

Reaction score
I was having the tiny screws break when I tried taking mine apart. I ended up just replacing it with a new AC Delco Professional.... made in Korea. that was my second choice. First choice was a Denso that could have been from Japan or the US, but was priced much higher. The only complaint I have with the AC Delco Professional is that the original heat shield doesn't fit. I haven't had any problems with it so far. It's the mini-starter style, not the big old direct drive starter.
Thanks. That’s exactly what I ordered from Advanced Auto Parts; rebuilt Delco professional. $169.00 after a 25% discount and a $10 Speed Perks. That’s not including the core charge.

SuperTramp

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the early ‘98 k2500 have wiper pulse boards? See pics. I don’t think so but I wanted to seek thee of greater wisdom. The rest of us have a 50/50 shot at this one. Lol. Thanks in advance. For some reason I couldn’t remember how to start a new conversation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk