Which spark plugs and wires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Which spark plugs work well in a 1996 with a Vortec 4.3? I think 41-932 was stock.

41993? AP605? XP605? Other?

Is 41993 a replacement number for the stock plugs?

I'll likely get the AC Delco cap and rotor unless advised differently.

What about plug wires? Get a AC set or the good blue color set from Napa?

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
41-993 is a great plug for the Vortec engines. I have them in both my trucks and have had no issues. Can't comment on the Delco wires. Have used Denso wires from RockAuto and they seem to do well for less money than the ACD's.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been buying the Summit "house brand" wires for various projects.

Helical-wound metal core for long service life. Spark plug ends and boots already attached. Distributor ends packaged for installation after you cut the wire for exact fit. Comes with cheap stripper/crimpers to attach the metal ends. You'd do well to buy some silicone dielectric grease to go with them, of course.

They advertise "Made in USA", so the wires are not bottom-feeder Chinese crap.

I've bought this set. These have red insulation and 90-degree plug boots. There's a similar set with blue. There are other part numbers with straight boots, or 135-degree boots. Of course, you'd have two wires left over.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g825r

1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I ordered the 41-993 plugs and a AC Delco cap and rotor from Rock Auto. I'll likely go with the good plug wires from Napa, they've always been good for me and quite a few positive comments can be found online without anything negative really. I'll have to pass on the Summit wires, I'm such an idiot there's no way I'd be able to successfully attach the ends :roflsquared:

Reaction score
Used accel header plugs and their super 8.8mm wires on a 5.7l v8 no issues ran great had little more pick me up

Which spark plugs work well in a 1996 with a Vortec 4.3? I think 41-932 was stock.

41993? AP605? XP605? Other?

Is 41993 a replacement number for the stock plugs?

I'll likely get the AC Delco cap and rotor unless advised differently.

What about plug wires? Get a AC set or the good blue color set from Napa?
I