Which lube works best with a SM465?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Amsoil is the #1 rated oil among people that sell Amsoil. :D

Richard

Don't forget people sponsored by Amsoil! #1 with them too!

In all seriousness though I'm sure their oils and such are just fine. I've never used any of them personally, mainly because I don't believe they're worth they insane prices compared to high end off-the-shelf stuff. They sure do make some nice air filters, though. Been running one of their Ea series conical filters on the K&N intake in my red truck for a long time. Filters a lot better than the K&N crap that came with the intake, and no oil to mess up my MAF.

JDHammond

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was a user of there product before and did my research and decided to become a dealer. I am defiantly not getting rich off it. I make $60 last year. I wouldn't put it in all my vehicles and sell it to my friends and family if I didn't think it was a good product. I noticed a big change in my Harley when I switched from SYN3 to Amsoil and I was hooked from then.

I tell people to do the research and decided for yourself.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Well if you're a dealer shouldn't you be able to provide us potential customers with said research? I did do my own research, which is why even after using Castrol Syntec for years I switched to Valvoline SynPower. Like df2x4 said, I'm not saying they make a bad product I just don't feel like special ordering it when stuff I like can be purchased off the shelf just down the street.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I was a user of there product before and did my research and decided to become a dealer. I am defiantly not getting rich off it. I make $60 last year. I wouldn't put it in all my vehicles and sell it to my friends and family if I didn't think it was a good product. I noticed a big change in my Harley when I switched from SYN3 to Amsoil and I was hooked from then.

I tell people to do the research and decided for yourself.
In your first response, you just said pretty much "here this is good stuff, use it."

Not trying to break your balls, I've just got a chip on my shoulder for sneaky advertising because of this yahoo on a bunch of other forums that is like a freaking evangelist Amsoil dealer, pushing it at every chance, responding to every single question about oils/lubes and gets quite snarky if you point out to anybody that he's a dealer for them. He very rarely mentions it himself, instead pretending to just be a great guy that happens to like Amsoil.

Richard

JDHammond

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to give you more information if you would like. Like I said before I'm not trying to cram anything down anyone's throat. You asked for recommendations for oil for your transmission. Didn't want to cause any trouble with anyone.

Yeah there are some d**k heads that sell this stuff and put a bad taste in peoples mouth about amsoil and I get tired of people putting me in that category. Like I said I don't make anything hardly selling it and just know from my own research and the quality they put in there probuct and hopefully could pass that on to others. Sorry to cause any problems again.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Yeah, forward me a link or something if it's got SAE test data in it. How much is that trans lube per quart? Earlier in the year we already threw ~$40 at it for the conventional gear lube that's in it.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Thanks dude, I'll have a look at that later. Wrapping up lunch. The man owns me for another 4 hours today.