Which gasket set to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

munly

Reaction score
Hi all,
i'm replacing the intake manifold gasket on my truck (98, 5.7 vortec), i'm also doing the mpfi swap. here are two part numbers for gasket sets on the summit website. i'm wondering which would be best for the repairs i have planned. they seem to be vary similar, but i just want to be sure i have the proper set. any info would be much appreciated.

number 1 - part # - 17113206
number 2 - part # - MS98000T

i know the first part number doesn't have the intake manifold gaskets, i would have to purchase those seperately. would the MS98000T be the proper set to buy to cover the work i plan to do (ie: the mpfi swap and intake manifold)? thanks.

Frankp

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used the MS98000T set on my truck and have had no issues. Looked to be a good gasket set.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Use the MS98000T, and also get a VS50293R so you can change the other valve cover gasket while you're there.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Don't know the part # but I picked up a full Fel-Pro set from O'reillys for a '99 year model when i did my full top end rebuild. The intake gaskets were great!