Where's this Vacuum hose go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CarSick

Reaction score
Sorry in advance if this is posted in the wrong section. Thanks in advance for any help. I have a '99 k1500 Suburban (5.7 Vortec) and am doing some pm. Does anyone know what this hose does or is called? It comes off a canister type deal above the drivers side headlight next to the charcoal canister.

You must be registered for see images attach

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
vapor canister purge line, or EVAP canister purge line. One goes to the fuel tank, a hard line from the tank most likely down below the end of the green line you show. The other line goes over top the engine to the vapor canister purge vacuum switch or whatever they call it. If the plastic lines broke you can use fuel line to do the same thing.

On my 1996 after 17 yrs with the original canister, I went to find the barbs on the canister and the ends of the connecting plastic lines had exploded into pieces probably after sitting in the hot sun with a full tank for weeks on end when i wasn't driving much. I replaced the canister and used some fuel line to connect back to the plastic line.

CarSick

Reaction score
Thanks. Delta
I can't wait to get rid of all the hard lines (I'm thinking of using silicone hose) right now im in the process of replacing the cooling system (Nothing was boken before). I was wrenching on the top tranny cooler line on the radiator .Being an awsome mechanic, the hard line twisted and broke about an inch from the radiator. I'm thinking I'll section in a pece of rubber hose
(tranny fluid/pressure safe), Everything WAS going easy....

Last edited: