Where to mount amp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well as most of you know I'm searching for a 96-99 ECSB for a DD...and since I've had no luck selling my Kicker CVX 10's out of my Tahoe on CL, I'm gonna throw em under the back seat of the new truck when I get one! Where is everyone mounting their amps when you have a double sub box under the backseat that takes up all the room?

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I just screwed mine to the back wall behind the seat on the passenger side. It's a pita without removing the seat but it can be done. Also I loosened the bed and slid it back to cut the screws off and put a Dab of silicone on them.

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The back wall seems to be a popular location. That's where I plan to mount mine. Some guys use liquid nails to attach a piece of MDF to the back wall so you dont have screws going through the cab. I've also seen a guy on here that used some L-brackets and MDF for his amp rack.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Mine's just screwed through the back wall also...added a dab of silicone on the screws and its been great for over 2 yrs now

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Mine's just screwed through the back wall also...added a dab of silicone on the screws and its been great for over 2 yrs now

Sounds like thats what I'll do...my amp is 15 inches long by 10 inches wide by 2.5" tall, sound like it will fit?

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
I have mine under each seat in the front. Speaker amp on the hump and sub amp under the passenger seat. My truck came wired previously from the original owner. But on the 89 I had the shop mounted it to the back firewall