Where is the evap can purge solenoid valve located?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lucashayes

Reaction score
So, there are a lot of things...missing...from my new to me truck. Many of which I would like to fix.

I noticed today while looking at some other things that the line marked purge on the evap can is cut. I looked up the diagram and I see it's supposed to run from the can to a solenoid to the A line of the TB.

Like so:

You must be registered for see images attach

Except the A line of my TB currently runs to a sheet metal screw:

Here's the evap can:

So I've looked for the solenoid, and maybe I'm just blind, or I'm just looking in the wrong areas, but I can't find it. There's a good chance it's not even there, but I can't find a connector with DK GREEN/WHT and PINK wires as the diagram shows.

SOoooo... can someone point me in the right direction? A simple description is great, pictures are even better.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If I recall your truck is a 95 model, on the 95 model the evap sol. is mounted beside the thermostat housing on it's own bracket, and it has a short vacuum line running from it to the TB, and another from to the evap canister.

Lucashayes

Reaction score
I'm going to assume it's MIA then since the only solenoid remotely close to that area is the egr valve from what I can remember, will have to look some more later and report back.

Lucashayes

Reaction score
Hey man, thanks for the offer but I was going to pick-n-pull today anyway, picked up one with the bracket and original plastic hoses in really good shape.

And yea I finally found the connector, it was shoved back into the main harness loom.