What's this plug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle89

10-17-22 sober date
Reaction score
I found this plug a while back can't figure out what it goes to any clue

You must be registered for see images attach

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a plug that looks just like that, it goes to my (CA required smog pump) AIR valve.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, CA emissions trucks came with it, Federal emissions didn't. All the smog pump does is inject fresh air into the exhaust to help fire off the cat when cold, after that it is just more parasitic drag on the engine. Not much but still, a loss of HP. That's why, even in AZ, my heads and headers have a "CARB" EO (California Air Resources Board Executive Order) and AIR (can't remember that acronym) fittings so I can pass emissions every 2 years. They do a visual and stick a sniffer up the exhaust on a dyno. If your vin denotes a CA standard, they have to be there. Wish I had a Federal truck, LOL.

Here's a pic of the left side of the engine, the AIR tube goes around the back so both sides get ambient air pumped into the exhaust.

cookseyb

Reaction score
Some models had a Radiator level sensor that uses a plug similar to that, also water temperature temp sensor uses a plug similar. FWIW

xx94Z71xx

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the lines on my AC pump had a similiar looking connector. some sort of sensor. is there a sensor on your AC line?