Whats my truck worth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just curious what you guys think I could sell my truck for? heres a rough list of specs

1995 Chevy K1500 5.7 TBI silverado z71 4x4.

142,500 miles
New 315/75/16 Duratracs
New Trans rebuild
New ball joints pitman and idler
nfab nerf bars
tyc headlights
bumper and corner lights (clear)
2" cowl hood
smoothie front bumper
billet inserts and bowtie
3" body lift
ddm tuning 5k hid
colormatched towing mirrors, grill, and handles
20% tint
spintech pro street muffler dumped
k&n cold air intake
No rust

pic in sig and link to build thread here http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?8302-95obschevy-Build-Thread

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Around here most people would ask between $6,500 and $7k for your truck, but you would realilistically get between 4-5k for it.

dkennedy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It really sucks that all the things we do to get our cars and trucks where WE want them doesn't translate into real dollars at the time we decode to part with them... unless you can find someone who has the same wants. My first car (26 years ago) was a 72 Pontiac Ventura and I probably sunk $6 or $8K into it over a 3 yer period. I tried selling it for top dollar for about a year, but eventually sold it for $2500 and felt like I had robbed the guy.

SubLo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You'd get lucky to get $4,000 in the Tri-State for it. The customizations pretty much hold no value in resale unless you're lucky enough to find that rare enthusiast.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Around here you would do well to 500 to 1000 over blue book. You aren't really going to get anything extra from new replacement parts as the truck is supposed to run well, shift well, steer properly, etc. If it doesn't it detracts from the value, but if it does it is only doing what it's supposed to do. My personal thoughts on the subject are that if it has been heavily modded, it has probably been heavily beat on, though the exterior may not show it. I prefer to buy stockish vehicles and mod them myself, as most folks standards are nothing like mine. That goes double for lifted 4x4's. Just my opinion though, and no reflection on you or your vehicles.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I'd say $5000-$6500 down here, people do appreciate a good truck down here. You'd have to hold out for that though. For reference, I paid $5200 for my 98 with 112k on it, and it was *supposedly* in great shape.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
While I agree the Mods don't add one cent to the truck unless you find the perfect buyer for the truck, the thing that does add value is that you've taken care of it, and that will show. Like I said, a GMT400 with the new style interior, with a solid body, and not over 200k miles, pulls about 4-5k in my area.

Question though, why? You're not thinking of selling her are you?

riot936

Reaction score
5k here tops. People around here appreciate a tastefully modded truck without a doubt. Depends on your location and marketing angle.