MA - 99 Overland Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparg93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Up for sale is my pride and enjoy!

This is for a heavily modified 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe, built as an Overland vehicle. This truck was sponsored a few years ago for a 3 month expedition across the US, covering 14k miles. Unfortunately I no longer have the time to wrench on it, but it has been an extremely reliable and enjoyable truck over the years. The mods to this truck were really spot on...it drove and handled amazing both on the road and in the mud. Even though this truck was built tough, it was not beat on. The transmission and motor are in great shape, never had an issue and passed inspection.

This truck has run the Rubicon, Moab, Vermont, etc...in most locations pulling a custom offroad trailer. See links at the bottom for the build.

This truck was built correctly, but it needs some TLC as is being sold as-is. Other then for short local trips, I haven't driven it in years. However, all of the mods listed below were part of the expedition and worked flawlessly going up and down mountains and cruising on the highway.

There is no aftermarket junk on this truck, everything is overbuilt...from the upgraded electrical, mechanical, axles, brakes, etc...you name it, this thing is really special. All of the parts for 3/4ton and 1ton upgrades were bought brand new and were all AC Delco. Some of the parts were made by custom fab shops.

There is about $12k in modification to the truck, plus ~600hrs in wrench time. So for $2k and somebody who doesn't mind busted knuckles, you have one heck of a platform to work with. However. if you don't truly understand electrical and mechanical components, this truck is not for you. Unfortunately there is no service manual that will tell you exactly what to do on this one!!

Below is a partial list of the modifications to the truck:
14bolt semi float swap
4" IFS RCX Lift
Upgraded fuel injection system
Custom Alcan Springs
Viking Offroad - Synthetic Winchline
Hydroboost Conversion ( 1 ton version)
Custom fabbed tie rods - FFR Fabrication
HD Ball Joints - Synergy Suspension
Moog HD Pitman/Idler Arm
Pro Comp Extreme AT 285/70R17
Mickey Thompson 17x9 rims - x5
Custom rear bumper w/tire carrier
Custom torsion bars (33% stiffer) - Sway A Way
Bilstein 5100 shocks (5150's were not valved heavy enough)
Vehicle mounted air compressor
Defender 6.5' roof rack
Samlex Pure Sine 1000w PST Inverter w/remote
Volant CAI
BlackBear Tune
12vot guy custom switch panel - AMAZING!
x4 170 Lightforce lights (on roof rack)
x2 KC 130w on ARB Winch bumper
Body Armor (skid plate, frame sliders, tank protector, diff protector) - Crum Custom Welding
ARB front bumper + 12k Superwinch
ARB fridge - 60 Liter
DDM 35 & 55w HIDs w/4hi mod
Roof mounted solar panel
Custom subwoofer box under bench seat with x2 10" subs
Lots of 1/0 electrical wire, substantially oversized for the electrical needs

**Disclaimer** This truck is extensively modified and altered from the manufacturers original design. The steering, brakes, suspension and many many more components have been modified. This truck is being sold as-is and I highly recommend you work on it before you drive it on public roads. I'm explicitly stating it's not road worthy at the moment.

Below are the known issues so you know exactly what you're getting:
**Brakes need work --- I'm not sure what the issue is on this one, but fixing this should be your top priority before you drive it on the road. Abs kicks in too early, so may be something simple like wheel sensors
Transfer case needs to be rebuilt --- it's a fairly straight forward rebuild, I can hear a bearing moving around and would recommend you drop and rebuild it
Mold -- some water dripped in on the CB radio line and the passenger side carpet is moldy
Winch -- the manual release is frozen
Tires - all need replacement due to age

Below are a few links of the build:
https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/99-tahoe-expedition-build.74594/
https://www.pirate4x4.com/threads/99-chevy-tahoe-expedition-build.1088373/
You must be registered for see images attach