What Wire to use to install a security toggle switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eran tomer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
disconnect fuel pump harness ground from the frame and connect it via a thick cable with a switch, locate the switch in the rear wheel arch so you can get to it easily.

1994ob

Reaction score
Ground based relays, less wires hot to deal with if they chafe and hit metal. Ie, put a ground interrupt on the fuel pump relay is an easy one. If you want to be cleverer, wire up a timer based relay so it runs for 5 seconds only then trips, but they are more expensive than a one wire toggle round trip to break a circuit.

You could also require power on a switch, like say, you have to turn the dome lights on to trigger a relay in the path of the trigger for the relay of fuel or ign...Then even if they find a toggle switch, its a rats nest of wires to figure out other stuff. Also, make every wire the same color.
Do you know what wire i should run the switch on if i want to cut off the ground on the fuel pump relay? I have a 1994 sierra. Or any wire in general that would be safe to cut for a kill switch.