What to do with CD holder area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mackguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had this in the Center Console section but not seeing anything. The center console in my '99 Suburban, where the CD storage area is at the very front.. The cover for that doesn't seem to attach anywhere, and I'm guessing the attachment points in the console have broken off. I just removed the cover so it's not rattling around but I was curious if anyone has repurposed this area to do something else. It's not terrible with the cover removed, but just thinking of what else it could be for, or if anyone has figured out a way to fix this issue..

If anyone has a good diagram/picture of how the cover is supposed to work, I'd love to see if there's a way I can fix the cover but I think I'm out of luck..

console-jpg.38144

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
Mine came with a cup holder and a CD holder. I removed them both. Put in a custom insert and can now almost fit an entire 6-pack in it. Great for my morning commutes to work!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If I were you I'd probably just put the factory cup holder in and leave it alone.