Bay Area, CA to College Station, TX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zaneish

Reaction score
Hey guys, new here and wanted to check in about my summer plans with a clean 1994 GMC Sierra 1500 Club Cpe 141.5" WB 4WD I recently picked up.

I plan to rent a trailer from U-Haul to tow my 1989 Cadillac Brougham - I'll also be loading the truck to the gills with my sport bike and all my stuff...

Scale of 1-10, how sound is this plan? Truck has 250k miles, with a claimed recent trans rebuild (its got the NP4500 5-speed). Should I look into beefing up the diff or adding a cooler? I know these trucks are typically solid if treated right but want to be thorough.

Thanks,
Zaneish

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can do all the upgrades you want but you’ll never be able to legally tow more than what the truck is legally rated for on the door sticker.

Reaction score
u haul may not rent you a trailer for that load. I pulled 8500 lb enclosed trailer with car and parts with 93, auto 3.42 gears and did OK but struggled on hills. note was new when I did and trailer was mine. also local tx u haul couple years ago refused to rent trailer to me to haul 70 vette with same truck with 385,000 miles on it. good luck