What to do with a Bose Subwoofer and Amp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carluvr

Reaction score
I have a Bose Amp and Subwoofer out of a '99 Denali that I would like to put in my '95 Z71 that has a Pioneer head unit installed. I'm wondering if this can be done and how hard it would be to do. I have the harness connectors and pigtails but little else of the wiring. Is installing the amp and subwoofer a viable option? I don't know a lot about stereo systems so any info is helpful. Thanks in advance.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Personally, I wouldn't mess with it. I'm sure someone will have more specifics on what you'd need for this year range but in my experience Bose systems do not like to play nice with aftermarket radios. If you hook it straight up as normal you're going to have terrible output and sound quality. I know in older Camaros and such it was necessary to buy an adapter to make the Bose system work with a new radio because they (Bose) use totally different input levels than most systems. Even then it never really sounded great. If you really want a sub I'd sell what you have and go aftermarket. A lot less work for better sound.

EDIT - For clarity.

Last edited:

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Put it for sale, someone on ePay will snap it up. Use the funds for whatever you desire... there is much better out there than that.

carluvr

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I was kind of thinking that was the case, but didn't no for sure. I think I'll go the "sell it" route and get something aftermarket.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
I kept the sub in my Escalade console when I installed it, didn't think I'd ever use it. I hooked my 600w kenwood up to it and was pretty dang impressed with it. Sounds a million times better than the one in our 08 Silverado. Been beating the snot out of for a long time now and still works great.