What size tire would you run on this rig?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mostly parts wear and fitment. Some guys say 315s arent any worse than 33s and others act like your going to break everything. Hard to sort out the facts sometimes. I dont want to break anything but honestly with a truck that sees 80 to 90% street use I doubt everythings just going to break overnight like some seem to think

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mostly parts wear and fitment. Some guys say 315s arent any worse than 33s and others act like your going to break everything. Hard to sort out the facts sometimes. I dont want to break anything but honestly with a truck that sees 80 to 90% street use I doubt everythings just going to break overnight like some seem to think

The 35's will be pushing the limit of the stock 10 bolt rear axle. Plenty do survive though and run 35's. Upgrading the carrier is a huge plus over the gov-loc. Upfront its the crank (to fit the 35's) that does the damage and wear on parts. The extra weight is harder on wheel bearings though, I replace mine almost yearly. Also with the larger tires is the strain on the transmission if still with stock gears, I noticed a big difference from 33's to 35's, OD became useless.

IMO I would stay with 33's, keep the front end angles flat, stock gearing (3.42/3.73) is good enough. Its not that you will break anymore parts with the 35's but the wear and strain will be much less, especially if its a DD.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't see them being that much different.

one big issues is gears, IMO that's the strain part, having low gears, as in highway type 3.42's etc. compared to 4.10's or something. That's hard work on motor and trans with them low numerical gears.

taller or higher numeric gears would help greatly.

wheels that's the other thing, compared to stock or maybe 8, with like 4.5 or so bs that's not bad IMO, when it comes to using 35's or 315's but when you get into 10 or 12 inch wide wheels or very deep dish like say 2-3 inches backspace, yea that's tons of weight and wear on the front bearings.

Anyone know a weight difference from 33's to 35's? I mean it's only an inch all around on height usually, and then weight would be the only difference in strain and stress.

Not to mention guys who run the 6 inch kits, they run 35's and bigger all the time and it works for them.

cranking the t bars is also a big factor, if yours aint cranked much then it's better.

I think most of the hype is when you max them out, throw in rear blocks then do 35's.

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im starting to lean towards the middle of the road size (295s). They would be 2" taller than the tires I have now. Dont really see the added width of the 305s as an advantage seeing as my tires throw rocks against my body enough as it is. Only downfall of the 295s is tire options. could be an opportunity to move up to 17" rims

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry for digging up an old thread but.. I finally have money for new tires and need all the input I can get. Tires make a truck so everyone throw your .02 in!!!

On a side note, since posting this I have installed all new moog front end parts so it should be ready for anything!

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Well this is the first time I've noticed this thread so I'll give my input now.

3" BL with N-fabs and 35's on stock back spaced wheels is the best stance bar none.

You must be registered for see images attach

I have 33's on my 94 but they're also on 15's that are 10" wide.

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
Sometimes I wish I had 35s.....but it'll get 6" before these wear out so I'm sticking with em

You must be registered for see images

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone