What should I do in my tune up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

julian_limon

Reaction score
Hey guys I was looking to do a major tune up and I don't know really what I should do I really would like to have some opinions on what I should do to have my truck running better then new I'm also having a hard time starting it so My help I can get is really appreciated

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cap, rotor, plugs, wires, air filter, fuel filter, oil change, clean the throttle body. That's about it...

sent from what use to be a great country...

rosco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cap, rotor, plugs, wires, air filter, fuel filter, oil change, clean the throttle body. That's about it...

What he said. AC Delco parts are the best for the cap, rotor, plugs, and wires since they are what the factory uses.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And don't waste your money on those "specisl" plugs... you know the "super iridium double trouble platinum +2 -6 e=mc squared minus half of pie to the fifth power as seen on tv endorsed by vinilla ice and kermit the frog", bull crap....lol...

If it's a tbi just regular copper plugs (cr43ts) to be precise.... if it's votec I couldn't tell you the number as I've never owned one but I believe they are just a single regular platinum plug...

rosco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've used 43ts and 45ts in older small blocks and even my current vortec with great results. My Dad told me years ago that the 45ts burn just a little hotter for better efficiency, but I've never really noticed a difference.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
1+ on only using ACDelco parts for the ignition. These engines are VERY particular about the ignition parts used. Only ACDleco variant that I would use for plugs would be the rapid fires. Never had, nor seen a problem from them and preform very well. Seems to be slightly better design than factory with the same dependability.
Also, don't forget front and rear diff fluid!

Rusty Nail

Artificial membership inflator
Reaction score
I run Delco R45TS in my Vortec, my TBI, AND the Corvette L98 in my '77 C20.