What is the paint code?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
Truck has non factory paint and I want touch up paint. Anyone have any idea what the paint code is for this? It's a metallic blue. Almost looks light purple under a street light at night.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
There is no one that is going to be able to give you the paint code just by the knowing it isn't stock and looking at pictures. There are 100 other colors that look exactly like that until you hold them up next to eachother.

Do you plan to paint it yourself? Or do you plan on having a shop paint it? Take it to a shop and have them match the color.

Gatorboy

Reaction score
I was going to do it myself. you think a paint shop can match it pretty close?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take your gas filler door off an take it to a automotive paint supply store. They have a machine that will read the color an match it. If you don't know the name/code this is your only option.

That or find the shop/person that painted it an ask them....

Gatorboy

Reaction score
I'll take the door in, excellent idea my friend. No way of knowing who painted it. It was done a couple owners ago. They did an okay job but I want to redo a couple of spots.

firefighter_2319

more time than money
Reaction score
i agree with the rest that stated the gas door. depending where the spots are that your wanting touched up sometimes they cant really match it perfectly so they will have to do something called a "blend". meaning they sand the rock chips or whatever the case may be then they scuff the whole panel, blow color past on what they have sanded then they stairstep it out then clear the whole thing, you wont be able to tell an will match everytime. hope that helps you out a bit