What is everyone doing for headers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryeguy2006a

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I see a few posts here and there, but no solid answers. It seems like the GMT800 truck headers would be a good bet, or possibly the 98-02 Fbody headers. Anyone find a good set that fit?

HPIII

Reaction score
I’m running Schoenfeld swap headers and they fit fine, no complaints at all so far. Don’t believe they will clear on 4wd without a suspension lift.

ryeguy2006a

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's not on my immediate radar, but I may in the future try out some other ones like the cheap 4th gen headers on eBay.

ryeguy2006a

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is what I have on the truck now is a set of LQ9 truck manifolds. They work well, but I just wanted to get some long-tubes when I re-do my exhaust.

ryeguy2006a

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was watching Truck Tech this weekend and LT is doing an LS swap on a GMT400 truck and he used a set of 99-06 Pacesetter long tubes on the swap and said that they fit perfectly everywhere. I'm pretty confident that the cheaper Stainless Steel eBay headers will fit just fine. I'm not going to swap out my stock manifolds for a while, but when I do I'll be sure to update this thread.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was watching Truck Tech this weekend and LT is doing an LS swap on a GMT400 truck and he used a set of 99-06 Pacesetter long tubes on the swap and said that they fit perfectly everywhere. I'm pretty confident that the cheaper Stainless Steel eBay headers will fit just fine. I'm not going to swap out my stock manifolds for a while, but when I do I'll be sure to update this thread.
I used the same pacesetters and they fit and clear great on my 4wd 99 Suburban. For $355 already ceramic coated from Amazon they're a great deal imo.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stepside, can you please post up some pictures of the fitment if you get a chance? Also, what mounts did you use?
Sorry I just now saw this post. Are you still needing the pictures? Engine mounts are dirty dingo adjustable mounts.

Sent from my SM-S102DL using Tapatalk