What Exhaust For A 98 5.7, Basically Stock??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeTahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I think its time to consider a nice throaty system for my ride. Something subtle?

What are the price ranges ??

For steel to stainless maybe?? Is 3 inch mandrel bent too much for a stock engine? Ir do I need to do a chip or any other upgrades?

Links for what you guys used??

Thanks

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Don't go bigger than a single 3" or dual 2.5".

2 flowmaster 10 series and 2.5" tail pipes will be plenty. That's about as throaty as it will get without strait pipes. Are you wanting to replace cats also?

C.E.Divine

Reaction score
I had a flowmaster 50 series dual in dual out on my 98 350. It also had a K&N CAI on it, and it was the perfect sound for me. Here is one with a close setup. With the K&N mine had a little deeper WWHHHHOOOOMMMM sound in the cab as well. Besides, that is the sound perspective we care about, right? We always hear from the driver's seat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFmyh8p0sZ0

JoeTahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea man thats what Im looking for. How Loud in the cab is it?? Gonna keep my cat But do I need a 2nd one?

JoeTahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or are these trucks 2 into one kinda system from the cat back?? I havent even Looked under there yet. Im disabled but will have a buddy do The work for me. Where do I buy from??

Or Shud I go to my local muffler shop? I light not be able to get Mandrel bent from the local shop though.

C.E.Divine

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, those trucks have 2 cats, and stock is a 2 in to 1 muffler. And it wasn't too loud in the cab. You could carry a conversation comfortably. The only minor drone was around 2500 rpm, and was in think more from the intake, not exhaust.