What do I do next?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dangileri

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not to thread jack- but does anyone have expirence with the edlebrock cams in lmc truck? I would suggest a cam and intake then a tune as i know that works well on other cars but i have no expirence with going into the internals on these blocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I have the edlebrock 3702 cam and it's a nice improvement over stock, but I would personally do more. P.O. Installed during a rebuild before I bought the truck.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Not to thread jack- but does anyone have expirence with the edlebrock cams in lmc truck? I would suggest a cam and intake then a tune as i know that works well on other cars but i have no expirence with going into the internals on these blocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't go too crazy on the cam. Messes with the knock sensor & the computer.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
What can I do next to get a little more power out of it?
Get a custom tune for it so you can bump the fuel and timing without fear of trouble. But unless you want to find yourself walking, baby that 200K mile engine and it will last you another 100K easily.

Richard

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Depending how much your trying to spend could do heads and intake, Vortec heads or aftermarket ones, and a cam

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
I have used Brian at tbichips.com with good success. Another option is the ebl flash.

dont use tbi chips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get a tune when youve done something with the motor or trans, shift kit, cam, heads, intake are all great options and more worthy of a tune than a stock motor.

summit has some nice cheap cams in some interesting flavors, that with some vortec heads and ls6 springs and comp retainers with a nice jegs carbd manifold and youd have a stout motor. as for trans i love the kits that pro built has, dana is the man and hell hook you up. you can either get just a shift kit, a full upgrade kit or the complete upgrade rebuild kit but either way he can tune the seperator plate for whatever your trucks specifics are.

if its a stock high mileage engine then let it blow or wait till your done building a spare block, trust me on that.

im not a fan of edelbrock cams, too expensive or what people usually run in these trucks compared to everything else.